Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Running Boards for 2001 F250 PS

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dieselcrawler 
#1 ·
I just bought a pair of factory lighted running boards off of a 2006 King Ranch. I am going to paint them and install them on my 2001 F250 Crew Cab. Because they have lights, they have a little pigtail wiring hanging off each board. I was wondering if my 2001 wiring harness will have the necessary wires for these factory running boards? If not, can one of you 2001 PS gurus tell me what I need to do to make the lights work - how do I hook them up if I want to it work?

Thanks

KellerMac

#2 ·
Without looking at them im not positive. But i would imagine that you could just wire them into your headlights if you wanted. You would have to cut the end up the harness. Id think its two wires. One you would need to ground and one you would need to bring power to.

I do not believe that the 2001 came with any lighted running boards, so there would not be a harness underneath.

#3 ·
Are they running lights, or like our Excursion, are they egress lights, that come on with the interior lights, to aid in seeing the running board at night? Eather way, picking up the proper switched wires to get them to come on with running lights or interior lights shouldn't be too hard.... most likely if they truck didn't have them, the wiring isn't there, and the cross between the years is also going to muddle things up a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.