Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Coolant Filter kit questions

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  hansel 
#1 ·
Okay been thinking of doing a coolant filter kit on my truck just have a few questions..where have you guys gotten yalls from and which is the better looking kit? Or is it cheaper to build your own kit? Just would like to do it to help Keep the coolant cleaner..thanks guys

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#4 ·
Dieselsite. I couldn't build it any cheaper plus couldn't make it as clean because i couldn't find some of the speciality fittings

#5 ·
Okay well i had seen a few online a few were cheaper than Diesel site but i do like the fact that u can change the filter on it without leaking alot of fluid..i just wish the filter block looked like the one from sinister Diesel but oh well i just wanted to know what yall guys were running and yall opinions!

Sent from my DROID X2

#7 ·
Okay well that sounds good that will probably be the one I go with then

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

#8 ·
I put together my own DIY kit, I got the filter base from Zoro Tools for $28 bucks so I thought I'd have this project under $50, well I was wrong!!!! The guys at DieselSite aren't making a fortune off the kit unless they are using air hose fittings because they are way cheaper than the fuel line fittings I went with, but the total price for my DIY ket was probably $75-$80. I will eventually plumb the line into the heater hose return because it does take longer for the motor to get too it's normal temp. but for now it's OK, here's how mine came out.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.