Will not rev higher than 2000 and smokes alot - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 08:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will not rev higher than 2000 and smokes alot

Well just like the title says I have a 2001 f-250 with 293xxx on it and it is a crew/work truck. The guys that work with me ran it out of fuel on Saturday so I brought it back to the shop put fuel in it and after several tries it fired up. But the problem now is that it will not rev higher than 2000 RPM and when it is at 2000 it is pouring blueish colored smoke out??? I wasn't sure if somebody might have had something happen like this before. I wasn't sure if we messed up the injectors by letting it run out of fuel? It has been shutting off lately like the truck was running out of fuel, but we will crank it back up and it usually makes it then sometimes it will happen 2 or 3 times but it always cranks up. I felt pretty sure before Saturday that I had a small fuel leak somewhere but I haven't been able to find it, but now it seems like I have a little bigger problem. Any help you can give me would be great. Steve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2012, 02:25 PM

Hey anybody have any issues like this I could use some help please I'm at a stand still.
Old 06-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Does it run smooth or rough like it is missing ?
Old 06-18-2012, 02:31 PM

Well when it is first started it runs rough then it "cleans up" and smoothes out then I will hold the pedal on the floor and it revs to 2000 and starts smoking real bad then when you let off the pedal it starts to run rough then it starts to smooth out again. Very weird, it is not throwing any codes either
Old 06-18-2012, 05:17 PM

IS THE IPR NUT ON TIGHT? IN GOES THE BACK OF THE HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP. MIGHT JUST BE LOOSE.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM

Did you put a fuel filter in it after you ran it out of fuel? Depending on how long it has been running the fuel rails might still have air in them.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:43 PM

Lack of fuel most likely tge problem. Start with basics fuel filter screen in the tank take tge line a loose at tge motor make sure you getting steady flow. Working your way to injectors if you end up there take the valve.covers off and watch the injectors see if some aren't pumping thats the only way i really trust to be sure on injectors. If ya need a set i got 9 good ones 8 of which are in my truck running will take 400 for all of them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.