here's an interesting story with a oops at the end - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
here's an interesting story with a oops at the end

well today started off pretty good went to a wedding and when we got home, the electric was off, a couple got into a fight and the guy thought it was in reverse but it was in drive so he took out a telephone pole...how true that is I don't know but you could clearly see the pole was leaning...anyways this happened at 2pm. we got back from the wedding at 5pm, so me and my wife are socializing with the neighbors and played a game of cornhole, then I got the bright idea to do a little maintenance on my truck, remembering the video about the ICP, I then decided that I would tackle this figuring I'd be done about the same time the power company would, well go the sensor off not much of a problem there, but the tube line on the other hand was a royal pain, took me about an hour to break it loose from the exhaust manifold, yep hadn't been cleaned in oh say the days of Moses, anyhow finally got it out and noticed a hole in the tubing, so now its 1am and the power is finally back on, so heres my questions:

1. in the youtube video the guy says theres a rubber diaphragm or so he thinks there is and not to damage it...I looked in mine and I do not have a rubber diaghragm, so is it broke?

2. what does the icp do? this hole in the tubing has apparently been there since i've owned the truck as you can tell by the pics and this being my first diesel knew nothing about this, I'm going to replace it but just wondering how vital if any the sensor is
Attached Thumbnails
here's an interesting story with a oops at the end-img_20120617_010234.jpg   here's an interesting story with a oops at the end-img_20120617_010246.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 10:58 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
ICP=Injection Control Pressure, it is a sensor in the left head that measures the HPOP output.

The tube you have pictured looks like the tube to the EBP or Exhaust Back Pressure sensor. It measures the backpressure and helps the computer determine what to do with the EBP valve which effects warm up and can kill your mileage if it closes at the wrong time.
Old 06-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Serving Our Country!

Lucky me then, I removed the EBPV when I rebuilt my turbo
Old 06-17-2012, 04:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Tht EBP sensor also determines fueling too.

I made my Samsung SGH-I997 send this.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:45 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd get a new EBP tube and clean the EBP sensor. That's not your ICP.

For now, I'd go to Lowes/Depot and pick up a 1/2" (or is it 1/4"?) NPT cap and cap that hole on the header.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Serving Our Country!

My bad tryin to do 2 things at once, but yeah I like the idea of blocking it off seein's how it's about useless since I removed the valve, now it's time for that ICP sensor
Old 06-17-2012, 12:28 PM

You think it's useless. I'd still run it.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:21 AM
Serving Our Country!

Lessoned learned that tube may not necessarily need to be there but that sensor does, I drove it for a few miles that way and it shifted all kinds of horrible and got some really horrible gas mileage, I got one from a dealer and now it runs like a raped ape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.