Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injector Questions/Options

769 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  CT Performance, Inc. 
#1 ·
Our mechanic has narrowed down our no start issue to a blown injector o-ring and now Im on the fence as to which route we should go to fix it. This is a hard working F450 dump truck that sees 5 ton loads all day long 5 days a week. It averages about 6-700+ miles a week so reliability and efficiency are a must.

So the two options I am considering are 1. replacing all the O-rings on the injectors or 2. getting a full set of Stage 1s or Stage 1.5s. I have been reading that injectors typically go bad around ~200,000 miles and this truck has about 160,000. However, majority of those miles were put on it by the previous company that owned it and it was really never maintained (plus the driver from the other company told one of our drivers that he "drove the piss out of it")

Things I am looking to accomplish are better fuel mileage, reliability and a little bit more power for hauling (the 1.5s from Black Cloud Diesel claim 35-40 hp plus an increase in fuel mileage which sounds promising for $1575).

The unfortunate thing about this truck is we have already sunk about $6000 in parts into this thing (adrenaline hpop, water pump, PS pump, oil cooler assembly, the list goes on and on). I'm trying to get it to be more reliable and efficient so really at this point it's an investment for the company and we are already in the hole for more than the truck is worth. What do you guys think, is it worth it?

Also, while our mechanic is in there what else should we consider doing? (I already have a new set of glow plugs to put in and I'm going to get him to do a compression and leak down test.

See less See more
#3 ·
It's an 01 auto with 166,000 on everything. Really, I don't think much if any maintenance was ever done.

Which supporting mods? I have already installed an adrenaline HPOP..only other one I can think of besides a fuel system is a chip & tune which I'd like to do as well in order to have mpg and tow/haul presets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.