I am looking for a diesel mechanic - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2012, 03:22 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I am looking for a diesel mechanic

Does anyone know a good diesel mechanic in the Port St Lucie, FL 34953 area? I have been using my regular mechanic and he is just not cutting the mustard. He is a good mechanic but has yet to fix my truck correctly.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 12:51 PM
Premium Member

Florida Members - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

best place to post this thread, you will get more help
Old 06-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Post whats wrong with it, maybe the ORG can help.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:20 PM

I am an auto mechanic not diesel mechanic. I would really rather have a good mechanic to care for my truck. It has been running rough and I have a mechanic working on it now. He diagnosed it as a bad injector. He replaced 2 injectors, fuel pump and tank filters. It still continued to run rough. Then it was dumping fuel really bad. He replaced another injector. It ran ok for like a month then rough again especially in the AM. I drove it to NY from FL and on my way back south it started running really bad. Rough at low speeds then would clear up around 70 mph. Then when I got back in FL it just ran bad all the time. I had the glow plugs replaced. Then it would not run at all. He said another injector. So we put it in. It runs ok the rough. Back and forth good then rough. I am pulling my hair out. I am gonna have the rest of the injectors replaced and the harnesses. I am running out of money...lol
I need a good mechanic that will properly diagnose the issue and fix it right the first time and not take me to the cleaners in the process.

I have a mechanic that is really good. But he is very expensive. I need someone good and a good price.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

what made you think it was dumping fuel? I'm wondering if its not a UVCH or possibly even the CPS.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:11 AM

At one point i was getting a lot of black smoke out the exhaust and my turbo temp was running hotter than normal. It was running really rough. It seemed to me to be an injector stuck open. Replaced it and that problem was fixed. I love my truck and really want it to just be running correctly. I have been dealing with this problem for way too long. I am missing out on work and just not being able to run it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.