Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Alarm/ alarm installs?

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  tallyF350 
#1 ·
Okay posted about my truck getting jacked a few weeks ago, after much trouble i should get it back next week :eek:hnoes: they jacked all my audio so im ordering all my new stuff in those terms, also gonna put me an alarm on it, if i can at deter someone from getting away then it pays for itself just not havin to deal with the trouble of insurance! Looking at the new Viper 5704 has remote start, failsafe starter kill, all the bells and whistles it seems, also planning on tilt sensor and glass break, and considering the proximity set up haha just for sh*ts and giggles, first question does this sound like a good alrm? can get it on amazon for 199, all suggestions are welcome!

Second any write ups on here of an install step by step or general? i looked around searching but cant find much!

Thanks!!

#3 ·
nope never done an alarm, but ive done all my audio, lights, and various other electronic components, im pretty good with electronics! Just no way im paying someone hundreds of dollars to install it haha

#8 ·
Man im a poor college kid, need that 200-300 bucks for books!! even though thats only like 2 books if im lucky haha but still!

#10 ·
Haha no doubt thats why im starting in June! gives me a month to have everything ready, ill be on campus starting this year though, just gotta make sure the people from the surounding neighborhood dont decide to jack a college kids stuff and or truck from campus!

Personally i like a challenge!! Just alot of wiring haha

#11 ·
Okay i may go with an Autopage RS730 Has like all the same features for 80 bucks less, and great reviews. anyone that happens to read this that has this one let meknow what you think about it!

#12 ·
ANYONE lol i mean i have most of the wiring codes no pictures really but colors and gen location, but i just assumed someone had done a pic write up on here!

#14 ·
Hotairgypsy helped me with mine, and mine is working perfectly... I didnt think it was too hard, and would do it again. Just take your time, and make sure you are doing it correctly. There are plenty of sites to check out 12volt.com, and readyremote.com/mail.asp. Check those out, they give you all of the colors of wires that you are looking for, but I would still verify that they are the correct ones with a multimeter to make sure you are sending the correct signals in and out of the alarm. Good luck, and hope it works out for you.

#15 ·
Ok I have a stupid story and question, I had a Viper alarm installed, and just after install (in2006) the company that installed it went out of business. Well it started making a humming noise and I just unplugged a wire and the hum went away, but the alarm and key-less entry stopped working as well.

Here is the question will a factory key-less entry work after an alarm is wired in? in other words when a pro installs a viper alarm does it cause interference with the factory FOB? I am trying to decide if I want to just buy new FOBS or have the Viper fixed....

#16 ·
Factory FOB will still work.

#18 ·
Thanks....if I were to get a remote start installed what brand would be best? I am thinking, since I can't figure out why my Viper alarm isn't working I mind as well have a new system installed with remote start....thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.