Ditched the JWA and got a PHP with gauges.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ditched the JWA and got a PHP with gauges..

Sold my Edge juice with attitude a few months back, and just got around to ordering a PHP tuner and boot/egt/trans pillar gauge set. With my old JWA I would put it in extreme (75hp) tune, which was the highest setting, to do just about everything. When I would tow real heavy I would just watch my egt's and not go above 1250 when pulling a hill. Is there anything else I should be aware of when pulling under a higher tune?

I got stock/45/65tow/80tow/120race/high idle 1100. If I tow a heavy load such as 10-12k pounds on the 80tow tune, but watch my egt's, will I be ok? Cant wait for this thing to arrive
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

just watch your egts and trans temp thats the ticket.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Got the gauges in a few days ago, and just finished installing the php chip. Looks like I went from pushing about 13-14psi stock to about 24psi at WOT on the 120hp tune. EGT's hit about 1300 when at WOT and don't really climb after that.

Any advice on a good mounting location for the 6 position knob? Also any good ideas on a switch panel so I know what tune i'm on without having to switch back and forth to make sure?
Old 06-20-2012, 03:55 PM

I put my knob right next to my electronic 4x4 switch. Looks fairly stock. As far as location you can make a little tab with numbers, but I use the clock method. My tunes line up with 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock and so on and so forth
Old 06-20-2012, 03:57 PM

Also the reason for putting the knob in that panel for me was if I ever decided to remove the chip I could replace the panel cheap and not have to learn to live with a hole in my dash board
Old 06-20-2012, 04:35 PM

Was it pretty easy to pop that little panel off and was there enough room behind it for the switch guts? Obviously there is enough room but did the stuff back there determine where to put the switch on the plate?

I think I'll do the same.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:40 PM

I popped the panel off with a small flat head screwdriver and then I unhooked the 4x4 switch. Removed the switch, and drilled my hole for my chip. Lined up the chip to where it correlated with a clock face so I always knew what tune I was in and then put it back together. It took me an hour because I'm OCD but it is really easy and tons of room.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturePharmD View Post
I put my knob right next to my electronic 4x4 switch. Looks fairly stock. As far as location you can make a little tab with numbers, but I use the clock method. My tunes line up with 1 o'clock, 2 o'clock and so on and so forth
Yeah I was thinking there or on the opposite side next to the light switch. Only reason i'm so anal about needing to know where my tune is at, is because I messed up and put my high idle right next to the 120hp tune on the knob. So if I click one too many and i'm in drive, it will start surging forward.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:09 PM

you should love your PHP tunes; I know I love mine.

I mounted mine in the 4x4 plate, but I also have the backup sensor buton there. Made it a little tricky, but fits and looks good. I also have mine set for proper clock positions. I mounted mine above the backup sensor button because I can always see it when driving and its easy to reach. By the light switch seemed a little awkward to me. there might also be less room in the light switch panel.

Enjoy; you'll love it.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:01 PM

I love the Phoenix in my truck. Sure smokes like crazy if I lay into the throttle with the 7800lb RV in tow when in 120HP race mode :-) In the normal 60HP moderate tow, it never smokes and runs really nice. 80DD will give a very light haze if I mash the throttle, but otherwise looks stock from the outside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.