6" LIFT + SHACKLE LIFT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Behavior Modificationist

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
6" LIFT + SHACKLE LIFT

Have been cruising the forums now for a couple hours taking in as much information as possible about lifting my already 6" lifted PSD (unsure of lift brand) another 1.5-2" without compromising functionality. After reading through 4295 pages of information, it really seems like a crap-shoot as to if it is a "good" or "bad" idea to add a shackle lift... Not only this, but the posts are some years old, so I'm wondering if within the past few years any new knowledge/ideas/advice as to whether it is "good" or "bad" idea have developed.

JUST ordered NITTO Mud Grappler 37s (which were more like 38s) and of course when I went to put them on, they didn't fit . They rubbed the rear wheel-well and ate the front bumper by an inch. Long story short, ended up putting same tires on in a 35" and my buddy said next time to do a shackle lift.

IMO, these 35s look kinda dinky on my PSD. Thoughts and ideas???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Get w/ Trevor @ PMF Disclaimer - Precision Metal Fab

He can get you fixed up.
Old 06-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I purchased my truck from the original owner with a shackle leveling kit(not sure what brand) and 35's on it. I then put a Skyjacker Softride 6" system on it in addition to the shackle kit and it does great. I was surprised at how level the rear sits with just the 6" block. It clears my bald 37's with room to spare except, of course, at the leaf springs when turned hard.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:29 AM
Behavior Modificationist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall Guy View Post
Get w/ Trevor @ PMF Disclaimer - Precision Metal Fab

He can get you fixed up.
Thanks! Looks like a great start
Old 06-04-2012, 04:47 AM
Behavior Modificationist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberKnight View Post
I purchased my truck from the original owner with a shackle leveling kit(not sure what brand) and 35's on it. I then put a Skyjacker Softride 6" system on it in addition to the shackle kit and it does great. I was surprised at how level the rear sits with just the 6" block. It clears my bald 37's with room to spare except, of course, at the leaf springs when turned hard.
Your rig looks great with that lift, bumper, light combo! Did you have any problem with your driveshaft angle after putting the 6 inch lift on? I'm worried about it being a little too extreme
Old 06-04-2012, 08:51 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not a problem...we can get you everything needed ..just PM or email me pictures so I can see what you will need..

Cary
Old 06-04-2012, 10:46 AM

37's and a 4" lift... Cant imagine rubbing that bad with a 6" lift... Need to check and make sure your rear axle has not shifted...

Mine did and I had to replace the center pins.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Behavior Modificationist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
37's and a 4" lift... Cant imagine rubbing that bad with a 6" lift... Need to check and make sure your rear axle has not shifted...

Mine did and I had to replace the center pins.
The 38" Mud Grapplers I had put on last week fit nicely on the rear axle (sorry, I re-read my initial post and it does look like I'm talking about the rear tires but meant the front axle, rear part of the front wheel-well). The front when turned one direction ate the front bumper by an inch (I can only imagine what would happen offroad hitting a bump of ANY size) and when turned the other direction, began to rub even worse in the bottom of the wheel-well. Just need to get a liiiiiiittle bit higher, but dont' wanna throw off the geometry of the driveshafts/steering.

Thanks for the info Cary! I'll see about getting some pictures posted ASAP

Last edited by AgTires4295; 06-05-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgTires4295 View Post
Your rig looks great with that lift, bumper, light combo! Did you have any problem with your driveshaft angle after putting the 6 inch lift on? I'm worried about it being a little too extreme
No problems with the driveshaft angle but you do need to drop the carrier bearing. I've got a 1/4" steel plate and 1" solid billet spacers dropping mine. Rides, drives, and steers better than it did with just the shackle leveling kit only.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:58 AM
Behavior Modificationist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberKnight View Post
No problems with the driveshaft angle but you do need to drop the carrier bearing. I've got a 1/4" steel plate and 1" solid billet spacers dropping mine. Rides, drives, and steers better than it did with just the shackle leveling kit only.
COOL I'll still have to get some pictures up! Working 7 days a week makes it hard to get around to these things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
6 inch, shackle, suspension lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.