Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New HPOP, now rough idling once warmed up

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jesilvas 
#1 ·
Last week I replaced my OE HPOP with a T-500. At the same time I replaced the IPR and EBP sensor and tube. After everything was back together, the engine started back up after about 10 seconds of cranking. I let it idle for about 10 minutes and then drove it about 10 miles and this seemed to get rid of any roughness. There was a noticeable difference in acceleration, cruising speed, and throttle response with the T-500 installed. Now I am starting to experience some rough idling once the engine is fully warmed up. It still idles very smoothly upon starting, but once it is up to operating temperature it gets a little rough when idling.

Prior to this the engine ran and idled as smooth as butter, but I would occasionally get a P1211 code, hence the reason for upgrading to the T-500. I didn’t purge any air out at the ICP because it started running smoothly so quickly so I didn’t see the need. I am running Rotella 15W-40.

Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.