Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Installing 8 inch full traction lift

20K views 33 replies 10 participants last post by  SS4Matt 
#1 ·
Hi guys, first time posting a build on here. Im installing the full traction 8 inch coilover lift on a 2000 f350 longbed. This is not my truck I am building it for my boss. He decided to do this truck in memory of his son that passed away a couple years ago and this was his truck. So the plan is the 8 inch lift, new wheels and tires, remove all trim and emblems and running boards, lots of cleaning and painting on the underbody, and when were done it should be a good clean look and drive great hopfully. This is the before pic and im gonna post pics of the whole build.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Disassembly

This was the first step removing the old suspension and axels. Everything went pretty smooth it only took a couple hours. Working in a nice barn like this with a hoist was new to me it sure makes things easy.

Attachments

#4 ·
The new parts

I am really impressed with this lift it is by far the nicest lift i have ever installed. Every part is heavy duty and the welds look perfect. We also got king coilovers for the front, king shocks with piggyback resivoirs for the rear and dual king steering stablizers.

Attachments

#5 ·
Man those axles and frame look amazing! That lift is very nice as well! I've looked into them as it's exactly what I would want to do, but it's some serious $$!!! I'm sure you Bosses son is looking down with a Big smile seeing his Red truck getting taken care of!

#8 ·
Bolting on more parts

This kit was pretty compleat it was missing a few things though. It did not come with brackets to mount the resivors for the front coilovers. It also did not come with new brake hoses. We had custom hoses made from braided stainless line they turned out really good. The kit also calls for reusing some of the stock hardware but we decided to replace it anyway. The new front sway bar was really cool to.

Attachments

#9 ·
The last pieces

Got the wheels and tires. We went with 20x10 moto metal wheels with -12 offset. We are not going to run any kind of fender flare so we wanted the wheels to tuck in as much as possable. The tires are 38x13.5 toyo open country and they look awsome.

Attachments

#10 ·
That came out really nice! I bet it is going to ride like a dream. :thumb:

#13 ·
We took it for a ride last night and this thing is awesome. We still have to put the steering stabilizers on the kit didn't come with brackets so we are going to make some up. This truck rides as good as a half ton on stock tires. We need some kind of running board or power steps and a really nice exhaust if anyone has some suggestions and pics of how they look on your truck i would really appreciate it. Im gonna get it washed and waxed today and ill get some finished pics up.

#14 ·
Only a few things left to do. We got the amp research power steps bolted on but not wired up. Still lookin for a nice stainless exhaust and still have to get the steering stabilizer on. But i think it looks pretty good.

Attachments

#15 ·
Sick work man. Truck looks awesome. Love cclb lifted trucks.

Sent from my DROID3

#18 ·
Yes I tint windows, I work at a detail/window tint shop. the shop is in Keego Harbor (one of a few little towns in between West Bloomfield and Pontiac more or less). Probably about an hour from ya give or take.

#20 ·
Got some of the side molding removed, we got the steps wired up and we put on some pinch weld covers it cleaned it up pretty good. Its pretty much done till winter when were gonna do the body work remove the rest of the badging and paint the door handles red. Heres a before and after its came a long way and I think it turned out good and I love the way it drives.

Attachments

#22 ·
CHFORD did you have to do anything special when sand blasting the axel's. Im wanting to do mine but afraid of messing up seals ie axel or differential. Any help would be great thanks. The truck looks amazing also what did you do to the frame it looks new as well.

#24 ·
Right on thanks for the reply

#25 ·
This truck is in need of some new injectors i was wandering if i could put some of rosewoods stage 2 single shots on it and get a chip. I no it would be asking alot of the turbo but this truck is never gonna see anymore work than pulling a ski boat and it would be cool to have a little power pulling from a stop light but i dont want to get into turbos and new trans. I no i could get away with stage ones but the twos are the same price so if i can i would like to use them. But safty is the most importain to me so if im gonna have problems i will just go with stage ones.

#26 ·
First off.. That is a sexy truck man.. You took a nice truck..and made it nicer! Great work, And im sure the man's son is looking down with a smile..

Secondly.. If you guys are going to color match the door handles.. I think you should definitely consider color matching the front bumper and grille.. Trucks look sooooo good completely color matched IMO check mine out in my sig pic.

Thirdly.. I don't know a lot about the 7.3's.. But I would imagine that even if you wen't stage 2's.. Your tuner could de-tune them some.. and still save your turbo.. and the trans will mainly only be affected with the way its driven.. So if your smart about your power.. I don't see why you'll have problems.

#27 ·
Thank for the reply i think you are right that would look sweet i really like your truck. Should i do the whole bumper or just the plastic part and leave some crome. The whole truck is getting painted this winter so i have some time to think about it. I also really like the road armor bumpers but i think it might be to much I'm kinda torn on that one.

#28 ·
If it was my truck, I'd paint every last bit of it Red.. The black part the chrome part everything red.. even the mirrors would get painted red.. Eventually I will be doing my mirrrors white to match...

And I love the road armor bumpers as well.. down the line I plan on putting a white one on the front of my truck... But those are some serious coin..and I don't need them yet. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.