getting diesel this afternoon - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2006, 03:10 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
getting diesel this afternoon

I know it's long, please read lol!

[rant]

Getting diesel this afternoon on the way to work I was running low, didn't want to worry about running out when I go to dinner tonight... so I stop somewhere I never go. Drive around this HUGE exxon and can't find the diesel pump. I'm already running late for work and they have a detour on my way to work up ahead that I know about so I'm already kinda pissed. I finally find the pump. This is the senario, 3 pumps in a row... 1gas 10 feet farther 1 diesel pump then 10 more feet and another gas pump. When I pulled in there was someone facing the other direction in front of me, and there were about 16-18 other pumps for gas on either side of the minimart exxon store. Also, this pump is facing the store, so there is about 14 feet from my pump to the front door. I pull up, put a few bucks in and go in the exxon b/c it says free drink w/ any diesel purchase... figuring I could use a pick me up I go in to get it. This is where things went wrong. As I was walking in, a lady pulls up to the pump directly in front of me, and is practically inches from my front bumper. I don't care because the rear is still opened up. Less then a minute later, I walk out sippin the Fruit Punch and I'm a lil happier. While getting into my truck, a ford explorer pulls up behind me, within about a foot of my rear bumper. I just take a deepbreath and jump in... while doing so, the lid pops off and spills about a third of the punch on my seats, center consol, phone, power inverter, and Oakly sunglasses. I take a few minutes and run back in and get napkins to clean up the mess. I finish up and look in my rearview, the party of 3 older gentlemen are still in the explorer and the driver is talking on the cell phone... not filling up. I look ahead and the lady is still messing around w/ her credit card. I sit. 2, 3 minutes... the lady has walked in the store and the dude(s) behind me are still in their explorer. So I figure I have backup sensors that work well... I slowly start creeping back maybe 1/4 mph... with all the window's down looking in the Driverside mirror. The guy behind me starts blaring his horn and motioning his hands (with the cell phone in it) as if to say "look the frick out". I acknowledge his gestures, get out of my truck, 18" maglight in hand... walk over to his explorer. I ask him politely to quit blaring his horn otherwise I might become mad. He says "whatever buddy" like a smartazz and I smack him out cold right across the face w/ the butt of the mag and his buddies start yelling telling me to get away. LOL then I snap out of my day dream, continue backing up till the sensors beep flat, and pull forward, and then back up again and repeat 1 more time. I then exit the gas station, and I'm basically stuck broadside ifo the exit because of traffic (the pump is about 15 feet behind me at this point) and somebody comes along in the turn lane and starts shakin their head and waving their arms... I'm completely puzzled by this since there is another entrance about 15 feet farther down to get to the other pumps on the backside of Exxon. Needles to say, I guess they felt like #1 after they had to wait for a few minutes for traffic to clear enough for me to make a nice, easy take off....

I swear sometimes... people friggin piss me off... I'm moving to a more RURAL area. I've learned my lesson... I'll continue getting my diesel on my way home at 11:30 pm at my favorite royal farms or Flying J truckstop... no more of this "my car says pt cruiser and I can fit anywhere, get out of the way" bs... I feel sorry for all you guys pulling 40 foot utility trailers and 35 foot TT's.

[/rant]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2006, 03:18 PM
International Threat

This is the first time I REALLY wished I had the smoking ability... would have been nice to revv it up and leave them all sooted up!
Old 07-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
People really dont think! Why would you pull up onto someones bumper in if there in a big hard to see everything truck! You sound very calm! I would have been out of the truck when he was beeping! I respected semi trucks before, but after driving my dually I have a new found respect for them! Im towing a 20 foot trailer in 2 weeks and I know I will run into one of these Idiots with the trailer behind me.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I like the maglite story!
Old 07-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Man I don't know how many times I've lost my cool and completely coated someone in a load of coal.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:17 AM
International Threat

thanks for readin' guys... glad you liked the story lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.