Where is my VSS wire on my 1999 1/2 F250????? HELP PLEASE - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where is my VSS wire on my 1999 1/2 F250????? HELP PLEASE

Hey Guys (and gals) I just put in an aftermarket stereo in my 1999 1/2 F-250 (new body style) for the back up camera screen and GPS and I cant find my VSS wire to connect to the stereo for the GPS speed.I seen another thread for a stereo install on a 2000 F250 and his Grey/black VSS wire was behind the passenger side kicker panel, But my isnt there.I also know its pin 58 on the ECM or PCM (whatever you call it) but that bundle of wires is hard to get to and scares the hell out of me to start pulling on wires there and I'm not sure what color wire it is there either.My buddy also tells me that the VSS comes off the top of the rear but when I check the wire leaving the top of the rear there was two wires.If I remember correctly there was a orange and a green one not the grey/black wire I need.If I tap into the rear end wire which color is the VSS+ ? If anyone knows or can help I apperciate it.Thanks....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2012, 02:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

its under the dash DUH!!! lol jk, i could not find it in the haynes when i did mine so i just didnt as for the reverse i just put it on a toggle to use whenever needed or if there are some hotties behind u...works good... the only real problem is if im speeding the stereo says ill be there after i actully am till im close to the destination hopefully someone actully knows though cus i would love to hook mine up...
Old 05-20-2012, 03:27 PM

oh good,then I'm not the only one.Then I'm not crazy that I cant find a place to tap into the VSS wire.
Yea thats what I get from the GPS its like on delay which doesnt help with exits on the highway.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM

Are any ford electrical wizzards out there to help me? Shouldn't the VSS wire be be behind the speedo somewhere or on the steering column for the cruise control on the 1999.5 ????
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 AM

anyone know?
Old 07-23-2012, 09:15 AM

Bump for ya.

I installed a Kenwood dvd nav radio with a Back up camera i didn't have to tie into any vss wire and everything works perfect with no delays on the GPS. For the camera i had to tap into the reverse wire behind the tail light to activate the reverse camera when putting the truck into reverse.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:10 PM

Yea my backup camera works fine and the GPS does work but there are some options that arent working right without the VSS wire connected like MPG,etc.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:00 PM

Bump. Anyone know?
Old 10-15-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatesme View Post
Bump. Anyone know?
My nav install in a 2001. Tapped into VSS and backup
Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT install in 2001 F-250 CC - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Old 10-15-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceB View Post
My nav install in a 2001. Tapped into VSS and backup
Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT install in 2001 F-250 CC - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Thanks "BryceB", Yes I did use your posts to help me install my pioneer and thank you for that,but my 1999.5 f250 doesnt have the VSS wire down behind the passenger kicker panel like yours.I looked High and Low yet nothings there as far as a VSS wire.I guess they changed things over a year or too.But Thank You again, your pics and posts from your install thread helped me greatly when I did my install a few months ago.I'm just stuck on finding this dam VSS wire for my year truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.