Just got a 99 f250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just got a 99 f250

Hey guys I just picked up a 99 250 with about 260k new transmission with 5 year warranty. Runs great. I am new to this but any ideas on what I should do to it for daily driving? Also there is no built date so I dont know if it is a early 99 or late? I was also looking into a PHP Phoneix Tuner.

99 f250
4 inch banks exhaust
Bts transmission
banks ottomind chip
Attached Thumbnails
Just got a 99 f250-img_0570.jpg   Just got a 99 f250-img_0571.jpg   Just got a 99 f250-daisy.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2012, 03:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
there are several ways to tell...one of the million ways is on the driver valve cover there is a sticker with your build date...another way is see if you have two large relays next to each other right by the fuel filter housing to the passenger side...one is the glow plug relay..the other only came on the late 99+...it is the AIH relay...there are several...i think also is there a passenger side airbag...i think it came after the early 99...
Old 04-24-2012, 03:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm using the banks six gun with the PDA and a seperate EGT and Boost gauge pod. Works great. Monitors eot, ect, ect. 6 stages of power levels plus speed boost. Also can modify each tune to your liking. performance tests, monitors data, just about does it all.
Old 04-24-2012, 05:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by black93gt View Post
I'm using the banks six gun with the PDA and a seperate EGT and Boost gauge pod. Works great. Monitors eot, ect, ect. 6 stages of power levels plus speed boost. Also can modify each tune to your liking. performance tests, monitors data, just about does it all.
cool story bro, you have a 6.0 also, it does it all beside provide good tunin
Old 04-24-2012, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
cool story bro, you have a 6.0 also, it does it all beside provide good tunin
Yes, I have a 6.0, never said i didn't. The SixGun is made for the 7.3 also. Was just telling a little about the device. Person asked for ideas on what to do with it for a daily driver. I gave my input on the tuner i use, and researched before buying. Works great for me. Beside the comment you added to mine; and no input to the person's question. Whats a good tune since mine provides none? I would like to know. Or do you not have a cool story bro?
Old 04-24-2012, 06:59 PM

I think all Bruce51d does is sit around and point out petty **** on post after post, gets on my damn nerves truthfully.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99F250SD7.3 View Post
I think all Bruce51d does is sit around and point out petty **** on post after post, gets on my damn nerves truthfully.
Now i know his story; "typical pud whacker." Good to know, Thanks.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Banned

well since you boys want to slander me, but to black93gt if you want good tunes lookin into a sct xcal3 with some tunes by gearhead. matt knows his was around a 6.0 and to the other guy talk sh1t when you break 300 horse, until then shut your yapper
Old 04-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Banned

and to the op, throw that raggedy banks junk out the window, go get you a ts chip tuned by beans, swamps, gearhead, tryant, php, tw, di and so on. you already have a bts which are quite lovely i must say. the warranty isn't 5 years it's 2 years unlimited miles unlimited power after 2 years he will will fix it if you ship it to him but i think you have to pay for parts. and if you can't tell whether is a e99 or l99 take a pic of the intake spyder and post it up, most would be able to identify it in about .3 seconds
Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Massively oversized signature pictures get on my nerves.

And Bank$ blows. You can make more power for less money with other just as reliable products. Now, since you already have it, there's no reason to take it off. It's not that it'd bad stuff, it's just too expensive.

You already have a great transmission, so it will take anything you throw at it. I'd do an intake if you don't have one. After that, it depends on how much your budget is. Gauges are a must.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.