anyone else running isspro ev2 gauges? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone else running isspro ev2 gauges?

installed my ev2 fuel pressure gauge today and have to say the install is very nice compared to the 3 ev1 gauges im running as well..

besides that after my 20 mile drive home i like the way the ev1 gauges work much better..does anyone elses ev2 gauges bounce around alittle? idling the needle bounces between 63-65 psi and cruising pretty much the same unless i hot dog it alittle where it drops down to 55-60 psi..just doesnt seem to operate as smooth as my ev1 gauges..

other things i noticed are it doesnt drop back to 0 with the truck off, it stays at whatever it was at right before i shut it off..green backlight is much brighter than the ev1's which i knew before i bought it..also it doesnt work with the headlight switch like the other ones, ignition has to be on first for the backlight to come on which doesnt really matter i guess its just nice to have them all work the same...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2012, 05:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
installed my ev2 fuel pressure gauge today and have to say the install is very nice compared to the 3 ev1 gauges im running as well..

besides that after my 20 mile drive home i like the way the ev1 gauges work much better..does anyone elses ev2 gauges bounce around alittle? idling the needle bounces between 63-65 psi and cruising pretty much the same unless i hot dog it alittle where it drops down to 55-60 psi..just doesnt seem to operate as smooth as my ev1 gauges..

other things i noticed are it doesnt drop back to 0 with the truck off, it stays at whatever it was at right before i shut it off..green backlight is much brighter than the ev1's which i knew before i bought it..also it doesnt work with the headlight switch like the other ones, ignition has to be on first for the backlight to come on which doesnt really matter i guess its just nice to have them all work the same...
I just finished installing ISSPRO gauges in Tripple A-Pillar pod, Tran, EGT and Boost. Never had the EV1 so cant compare that but mine dont bounce but rather seems to rise incremental like a second hand on a close only when it rises a small amount. if it rises rather quickly to a larger degree it will rise smoothly.

and same here about when the truck is shut off they stay at their current readings, when i turn the key on they will go to zero then go right back to whatever the readings are on a warm start.

havent driven at night with mine yet, just finished installinng a couple hours ago so i havent seen the backlight yet....... but i will shortly

liking them so far
Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 PM

Quote:
second hand on a clo
Ooops sorry, " second hand on a Clock"
Old 04-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yes that is exactly what i was trying to describe..when the gauge moves from 0 when i first start it up it moves fast/smooth right to normal psi..but while driving around/idling etc it''ll jump around +/- 3-5psi much like the second hand on a lock like you said..very sporadic not smooth like my other gauges...
Old 04-22-2012, 06:09 PM

Yeah, honestly i just thought that was by design, example on the EGT pyro gauge it will move from 500 to 800 pretty quickly when getting on the gas and it is as smooth as can be but the other gauges will move up like described incrementally... I didnt really think of that as Sporadic. To me Sporadic is moving a significant amount up and down all the time. Anyways, if someone else can chime in, if this is the way these gauges work.

It's dark. got to go see them with the lights on, LOL
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 PM

The EV2's use a stepper motor to move the needle, so they won't be as smooth as analog gauges, but they are more accurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.