Odd.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2012, 06:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Odd....

Been having trouble starting lately (40*+) I have 290,000 on it and have never touched the g.p's so I figured I would just put some in without testing them. Found a couple bad ones on the drivers side. When I moved the heater hoses (gently mind you ) this is what I found.

Looks like it has been that way for a while as there is dirt on the gasket underneath.

Am I missing something???? Wouldn't that kill four cylinders as well as the gp's???

Idk maybe I bumped it but unlikely as its way down in there.

Gp's test .6 .6 .6 2.5 I have decided to leave them till I have time to do the o rings too because it looks like a pia to get at them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

that's the plug that goes in through the valve cover gasket right? Goes to the glow plugs and injectors. Mine came loose on the passenger side and it definitely shut off those four cylinders.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

A somewhat common problem. Try this: 50 cent mod - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Good luck!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I actually did the .50 well $.25 mod on the drivers side after I had a miss and took it to a diesel shop. I told him to check the harness but he put an injector in instead. When I went to pick the truck up after hours it had the same miss again. Researched it and took it apart and fixed it myself. Luckily he told me which side was acting up. I got him to refund my $550 and take the injector back out. I shoved a couple nails under this one for now since it is on the outside. Will mess with it more when we do the orings. Thanks. Maybe I did pull it off when I moved the heater hoses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.