Rear leaf spring choices - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rear leaf spring choices

May be a newb question as I am sure this have been covered many times...but I have been researching for a few days now and pretty much anything related to rear leaf springs and super dutys results in lift kits...

I do not want a lift kit. I am looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2000 F250 PSD while maintaining the stock ride height except for a leveling kit. The truck has 246000 miles on it and the rear leafs like to squat more than I'd like to see.

For the front I am looking at the Zone 2.5" leveling kit. Although I'd like to replace the whole pack with a leveling spring pack, I can get a really good deal on the Zone kit. I also picked up a brand new set of bilstein 5100's from a friend. Next is new poly bushings and rear leafs.

So, what are people doing for the rear springs while keeping the truck stock? Purchasing a new factory set? Installing sets from newer model? Good quality aftermarket set? Who makes them? Or going to a local truck spring shop?

I've read a little bit about installing rear leafs from 08-up trucks which will give a better ride. Is this a good route?

I am looking for a little better ride quality with great hauling/towing characteristics. I plan on installing an air bag set up down the road.

Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Cliff Notes:
Replacing the stock rear spings while maintaining ride hieght. No Lifts! What is everyone running to gain ride quality and haul heavy loads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I'm an buying a new driver side rear spring Pack today I cracked two of the 5 springs. You could upgrade to a f350 or duelly spring if you have a 250 if u want it a little higher or more weight capacity. My springs cost me 200 for each side if the rear at a local truck parts place

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 04-11-2012, 04:17 PM

I'm sure there are different codes for the rear springs like the front springs (ie. X code springs) but as a general rule srw 350 springs and 250 springs are identitcle and interchangable. The only diference is the block in the rear, 250 blocks are 2 inches and 350 blocks almost 4 inches in height (except for 99's 250 and 350 are the same, maybe just e99). My 250 had broken rear leaves so I yanked the springs and blocks out of a wrecked 350 installed them and put in a modified leveling kit in the front, sittin pretty now. Not sure about the 08 and newer springs though. I may be thinking old school but I thought usually ride comfort and load capacity go hand and hand; soft ride less capacity, more capacity stiff ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.