Fabtech 6" Lift gettin'er done - What do i need to look out for??? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 05:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fabtech 6" Lift gettin'er done - What do i need to look out for???

Hello all.

I have a 2002 Ford F250 Diesel Superduty 2WD XLT Crew cab 4 door truck. I am about to install the Fabtech 6" Performance Lift kit - the one that includes replacing the stock Radius i-beam arms. this is the URL to the kit i just ordered: copy and paste in your browser. I have already order this kit, plus i have ordered the XD series Rockstar 18" wheels with 35"x12.5" Super Swamper M16 tires

6 Performance System w/ Performance Shocks - 2001-04 Ford F250/F350 & 2000-05 Excursion 2WD w/ 7.3L Diesel 2WD

I have just ordered all of the equipment to

I am interested in anyone's thoughts that might help me when installing this kit. If anyone has installed a kit like and has suggestions i would appreciate it... I am not interested in anyone's negative comments as to WHY i would install a lift on a 2WD - I got that answer now - "Becuase i want to" LOL, anyway i will be heading to my brothers home, we will install this ourselves. In short on that - He build a 4 door Jeep himself so he has the tools and equipment necessary to get the job done. BUt we have never installed this kit on this type of truck.... SOOOO what i am interested in is anything specific to this truck that i may need to consider, that may not be quite so obvious. I appreciate anyone's thoughts or suggestions in advance.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2012, 05:13 PM

No one has any thoughts???
Old 04-08-2012, 05:21 PM

I have lifted many vehicles and there is nothing different about these trucks. Be sure to use the lube recommended by fabtech for the bushings and use lots of it, the bigger mess you make with the lube the better job you are doing.
You will love the m16s i have been running them for 2 years.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 PM

thanks for the info. Mine is Red as well so seeing the M16s on a Red F250 gives me a good picture. i have the Full 4 doors so i think it is a little longer than yours. Good to know about the M16s - Man i am chomping at the bit, cant wait to get these on there...
Old 04-08-2012, 05:36 PM

Be sure and post up some pix when u r done. I want to see it. There are more pix of mine on my page. close ups of the tires too, but i have 8" lift and 40's. Good luck.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:39 PM

Oh, dr8082 forgot to ask, how is the ride on those tires? Did you install the Dual Steering stabilizer?
Old 04-08-2012, 05:42 PM

I will for sure post some pics when complete. If all goes as planned i will be installing weekend of April 28. This is going to be a long 3 week wait, lol
Old 04-08-2012, 05:43 PM

Yeah dual stabilizers. The tires ride great. I have made 8 hour trips and riding around town they are smooth, they track well and do well in the rain. I have had several other tires, mickeys, bfgoodrich, superswampers etc. I like these the best.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:15 PM

How many miles are you getting out of your m16s?
Old 04-11-2012, 04:49 PM

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the kit? I am thinking of doing something like this also. And don't forget to post up with how the install goes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.