Help - New Dent & Exhaust Questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help - New Dent & Exhaust Questions

Firstly, I very unfortunately acquired a new dent in the bottom portion of the drivers side rear (extended cab) door. I have absolutely zero body work experience and am looking for some guidance in getting it out. What are is the best approaching to getting out dents? Push or Pull? What tools are needed? Since there is no scratch or chip in the paint I want to do it right and there is no reason to tell it was ever there. The dent is located right below where the side trim used to be (took off) and where the slight curve in the door is. I will try to post pictures if that helps.

Secondly, found a good deal on a 4" Magna-Flow stainless steal exhaust for sale on craigslist. Here is the link from the Craigslist post to the summit racing listing. MagnaFlow 16950 - MagnaFlow Performance Exhaust Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com What is everyones thoughts on this system vs. the MBRP? I can get it for about $100 cheaper then the MBRP I was going to order this week.

Thanks All.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2012, 05:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Take your truck to a paintless dent removal guy. He should be able to pop that dent out for $50.

And I think $700 is crazy expensive for an exhaust. Why do you want stainless? You don't live in a rust area. I've had an aluminized exhaust on my truck for 5 years now and it still looks great.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:54 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So I have been shopping around dent removal quotes this morning and have got estimates from $300 to try paintless and $1000+ to fix fully and repaint both doors. As I mentioned, I have no experience with body work and I obviously must have underestimated how bad this dent really is. Here is a link to some pictures. Does $300 sound reasonable for a dent like this?

http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/mem...dent-2825.html

@Zaairman - I agree $700 is outlandish for an exhaust system, but the one I found on Craigslist is listed for $300 brand new. If I go MBRP like I initially planned too, I will get aluminized for sure. I spend a lot of weekends in the mountains where there is snow/salt so stainless would be nice. Just figured if Magnaflow makes a decent system I would grab this one for $300.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:10 AM

Wow, you could buy 3 exhaust kits for the price of that one!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 10:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7.3550Duty View Post
Wow, you could buy 3 exhaust kits for the price of that one!!!
Agreed, $700 and change is insane but I could get that exact one for $300 or less (plus no tax or shipping) which is what makes it tempting. I just don't know much about Magnaflow's products. I am hoping that they are the absolute best quality for those prices haha.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I live in an area where it snows regularly in the winter and they salt the roads. My exhaust looks great. You don't need to spend the extra coin for stainless, but the $300 is a good deal.

$300 is nuts. Try and find a guy who does work on the side. Maybe look on Craigslist.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaairman View Post
I live in an area where it snows regularly in the winter and they salt the roads. My exhaust looks great. You don't need to spend the extra coin for stainless, but the $300 is a good deal.

$300 is nuts. Try and find a guy who does work on the side. Maybe look on Craigslist.
Yeah I don't have plans on getting a stainless system unless this one works out. I had an aluminized exhaust on another truck I sold and it held up fine seeing how I am OCD about washing my truck.

I thought $300 sounded way out of line too and that was the cheapest quote I got today, Welcome to Southern Cal I guess ha. Ended up taking of the interior door panel to access how bad it was from inside and without applying barely any pressure the main dent popped right back out. There are still 2 smaller ones but with the truck being silver you don't notice them unless at the right angle. I still would like to fix those at some point though.

Anyway, thanks again for the input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.