Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Body lift?

2K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  7.3550Duty 
#1 ·
So i was lookin at body lifts and ones i found all said not for Diesel model. Do they make one for the diesels?

#3 ·
Body lifts are cheap and pointless.
Body lifts are for 1500 Chevys :hehe:

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#4 ·
I agree with these guys ^^ ... go with a higher suspension lift. Body lifts are definitely for Chevs...

#5 ·
Probably has something to do with the intercooler not lining up right with the piping, as there's not much wiggle room with how short the boots are. I agree with the others, go suspension, get the frame and everything up where it should be...

#6 ·
It's also because body lifts are meant for applications where suspension lift is less feasible. With leafs or coils is pretty easily done. Chevys are ifs so its expensive to lift it over 3 inches

#11 ·
Please tell me that's a really bad photo shop..:doh:

#10 ·
As stated, the intercooler issues and fan to radiator issues are the main reason the body lift is listed as "not for diesel", aside from the other issues true for all applications. Body lifts put more stress on the body mounts, both on the frame and the body, and alow alot more flexing between the body and frame, which is not a good thing. Over time, will cause body mounts to crack and break, etc. This could only be magnified by the higher torq of our diesel motors... So, not saying it couldn't be done with some custom fab work, just saying it's not a great idea... for the best quality, go with a suspention lift, no matter what truck you are dealing with. And, as to the tall chevy with tiny wheels, notice the stacked frames along with the body lift... thanks for the pic, doubledrop. Good illistration of that bad idea... which is also not DOT legel in some states. Works for a mud truck, but adds a bunch of weight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.