Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

GOT ON FOR YOU 7.3 GUYS

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  saltlake3fitty 
#1 ·
well , truck only shuts off when its raining , and this has been verified on more than one occasion, replaced 3 cam sensors , (seen issues from this and other sites and google ,lol), anyway , have had windshield checked for leaks , pcm has been wrapped and idm has been wrapped with plastic bags , all wiring checked, been dealing with this same truck now for at least 6 months , looking for any ideas

#2 ·
Dont know man. Only other time I have heard of this it was the PCM getting wet but sounds like you have eliminated that.

#4 ·
GEM getting wet?

Any wires shorting when wet?

#7 ·
nothing under the dash appears wet , have checked sevral times

Is it actually the rain?

Could the wipers being on be doing it, or will it happen with wet only?
we can verify the concern better when its raining yes , but i can spray it with a hose in the parking lot and its almost impossible to make it happen

The truck ONLY SHUTS OF WHEN RAINING OR TRUCK DIES WHEN RAINING? if it's dying when raining then get the cps from dfuser. that's the cps i got and it worked well for me.
the truck will buck and jerk and even does shut off at times , mostly when raining

like i said before , if you search it on the www web , alot of this type issue has been fixed with a cam sensor , this vehicle has had two ford ones and an international one installed and neither have made any change , and this truck does have a brand spankin new idm and pcm installed from the customer before it was brought here, (ford ones)

#6 ·
The truck ONLY SHUTS OF WHEN RAINING OR TRUCK DIES WHEN RAINING? if it's dying when raining then get the cps from dfuser. that's the cps i got and it worked well for me.

#8 ·
Did you run any scans on it check for soft codes

#10 ·
Hmmm thats crazy i dk where to even begin lol

#12 ·
try the dfuser cps, no guarantees but it's what worked for me. they sell a regular stock replacement one and another "upgraded" one. i used the upgraded and havent had a problem since i switched to that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.