What size is upper track bar bolt? 2001 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Powered by Coors Light

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What size is upper track bar bolt? 2001

What size? Metric?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 07:10 AM

I used a standard socket on mine...1-3/16 maybe? That and a 6ft piece of pipe...
Old 02-27-2012, 08:54 AM
Powered by Coors Light

Thanks I used a caliper to measure 31mm, but could not find the socket for that. It is NOT a 32mm I can tell you that. I will try that 1-3/16 next time.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:07 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

30 millimeter or 1 3/16".

Harbor Freight has a 1/2" drive impact socket set (metric) that goes up to 32 mm for about $25. That's what I got.

Long breaker bar, and a floor jack under the handle makes quick/easy work of getting that bolt loose. They're torqued to something like 400+ ft/lbs.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsigo View Post
30 millimeter or 1 3/16".

Harbor Freight has a 1/2" drive impact socket set (metric) that goes up to 32 mm for about $25. That's what I got.

Long breaker bar, and a floor jack under the handle makes quick/easy work of getting that bolt loose. They're torqued to something like 400+ ft/lbs.
I was using a harbor freight 3/4"drive socket set and breaker bar with a long cheater over it. Sucker was still hard to break free.

My biggest obstacle turned out to be getting that bolt back in though...after an extra 2-1/2" of height she didn't to want line back up...come along and bent steering damper mount later (and a LOT of nasty words) it's in.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:29 AM
Powered by Coors Light

Thanks guys. I will get over to HF again. I went and tried to buy the individual impact socket and they did not have it as individual. I will have to buy the set.
GREAT idea on the floor jack! I will use that one. Yep I have heard some tough stories about getting that bolt back in. They say unless you go over 4" you should not need an adjustable track bar.........
Old 02-28-2012, 05:23 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I forget the size, but I was able to purchase just the individual socket from my local Napa. I also used a Breaker bar with a floor Jack under it
Old 02-29-2012, 08:30 AM