Should I trade it in? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2012, 07:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Should I trade it in?

I've been thinking about trading in my 99 SD for a new SD. I love my truck because I haven't had any major issues with it. I'm just ready for something new I guess. Is it bad idea to get rid of my 7.3 for the new trucks out now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2012, 07:47 PM
Banned

its your money, if i had the money i would go get a new one. they are sweet. your truck is 13 years old, a lot has improved in 13 years
Old 02-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Premium Member

My company truck was a new 6.7l. I had it from day one with 18 miles on it. I put 55,000 on it in 8 months. It went in to ford for warranty work. Twice a month religiously for suspension and transmission issues

To be fair the transmission issues were because of multiple people driving the truck daily and the "learning computer" apparently got confused. That's how the service tech explained it

Other than that I loved my 6.7 it was a beast man it pulled awesome and ran down the highway 80mph with ease

My 7.3. Has 120k on it runs awesome pulls awesome and gets better mileage with a lift and 4wd. Go figure could be the tune I suppose

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Keep it AND buy a new one. lol
Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I wish i could keep them both, But i dont think i'll be able to do that. lol. But a new one in the shop twice a month doesn't sound like fun to me either. Thats the main reason I haven't gotten a new one. I dont want to deal with my truck being at the shop all the time. My 99 has been in the shop once in the 6 years i've owned it.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:42 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
If you are buyinf an extended warranty from ford and can afford it... I'd get the new one.

Me, I'll upgrade my old one.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:10 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well, for some reason as good as these 7.3s are ive always said once im out of college and making good money, i was gonna buy an 02 or 03 7.3 either dogged engine and get it rebuilt or find a good one, and just spend the money i would have on a new truck on the upgrades, lift tires, 08 front end, paint job, lights, intake, exaust, injectors, chip, i mean the works idk why but i like the way these are, but who knows i might end up getting a new one you never know just my .02 cents
Old 02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Cowgirl forever!!!

I was in this same boat about a month ago, I love my 7.3l nothing really wrong w it other than needing new glow plugs. Well I sold it and I love my 05 couldnt be more happier with the ride and pulling power it has. very pleased my choice was to get a newer one.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPowerstrokecowgirl View Post
I was in this same boat about a month ago, I love my 7.3l nothing really wrong w it other than needing new glow plugs. Well I sold it and I love my 05 couldnt be more happier with the ride and pulling power it has. very pleased my choice was to get a newer one.
What kind of MPG change did you see? buddy down the street has a 04 6.0 and only gets like 14 compared to my 7.3 getting 16 stock
Old 02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Glad i'm not the only one who is having a hard time parting with the 7.3. it till be a few more months, IF i decide to get a new one. I work construction and use my truck everyday for work, and my truck has been very reliable. So i'm just a little concerned when i talk to people about having problems with the new ones. If my trucks in the shop a couple times a month that hurts my work too. Keeping both would be ideal, but unfortunately i'm not that lucky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.