99 powerstroke?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 powerstroke??

Im looking to buy a 99 powerstroke. Im new to the diesel game so I dont know what to watch for.

The truck im looking at is a 99 with 133,000 miles, 6 speed transmission, 4x4, F350 dually. I think its a early 99 Can you tell this by the triton looking powerstroke emblem?

What should I specifically watch for on this truck and what problems should I know about if I buy it?

Please help!

Last edited by paineszj; 07-01-2006 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Also curious what I should expect in gas milage?
Old 07-01-2006, 05:05 PM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
PMed you my response
Old 07-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Nice deal, you should be able to snag that truck for around 16k or so. I sold my 99 with 147k miles for 15,200. I got about 15-17 mpg with my cab/bed config and mods. I touched 18 a couple of times.....see my signature below for specs. Only thing I can say that is kind of a problem is the cam sensor. If you get the truck, buy an extra one and keep it in your glove box along with a socket, 10 mm I think. Not having one is a pain when you really need it, it can leave you stranded as it did me. Give the belt tensioner a good visual inspection, cuz mine went out not too many miles after 140k...yours may be close or may have already been replaced. I would also imagine that if the locks are fine now they won't be within the next several thousand miles. The door lock actuators eventually get weaker and weaker and when one goes the rest go too or aren't far behind. As far as early 99 i'm not sure. According to the build date on mine it was an early 99, but when I bought it my diesel emblems were on the door. So it's possible someone took the "triton" like emblems off and put door ones on...i'm not sure. Other than that I think you've chosen a great overall truck with a proven power plant that is ready for another 133k miles!
Old 07-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the replys Im going to possible buy on Wednesday, after I look it over for a while! I will continue to do my research and when I get one it will be posted up with the jeep on the trailer!!
Old 07-03-2006, 05:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
Good luck!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Bought the truck I got it for 16K I will be getting an exhaust and chip very soon! I love driving the truck! Its hard staying off the skinny pedal with the turbo! Any opinions on Exhausts? Im looking at 2 extremes Banks (high dollar) and Dynomax (more resonable) any opinions on sound and bang for the buck? I will try and post pics soon!!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Conservative and Proud

CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIG!!
Old 07-06-2006, 12:09 PM

Hey Jamey I wouldn't buy the Banks. Reason being is that just about every single 4" turbo-back kit muffled or not is going to sound pretty much the same. They all utilize a straight through muffler and the tubing is mandrel bent. There are differences in very few areas and they are very small. But like I said if you like the name, then go for it. If you want a better flowing kit and a good sound look for a less expensive kit. I got my magnaflow for 410 bucks at the diesel nationals and was more than pleased with it.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I will keep magnaflow in mind! Thanks for the info
The Following User Says Thank You to paineszj For This Useful Post:
Jgtrain4 (12-04-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.