Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2000 7.3 cuts off after getting hot

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  pablito 
#1 ·
ok my friend has a 2000 7.3. once the truck gets warm it begins to miss and lose power and then it will shut off. it will start after sitting and getting cold (approximately 10 mins) and then does the same thing once it warms back up.. he has replaced,
-high pressure oil pump- seemed to help SOME by causing it to take longer to shut off
-ICP
-IPR
-cam sensor
please help if you have seen this issue before, FORD tech is absolutley no help.. Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Sounds like similar symptoms to injector orings. I'm not sure if I've ever heard of them shutting a truck off but they will make it hard to start a warm truck. that would probably be my first step

#3 ·
i will let him know, but its so weird because he can start it cold and run it WOT and it runs perfect then will gradually fall to having nothing til it shuts itself off. but thanks for the intel

#4 ·
yea i agree. sounds like an injector issue. i had a 95 that would just quit running. vhanged everything that yall have changed. ended up selling it. two weeks later i see the guy i sold it to. he replaced 2 injectors and it runs like a new one. wished i would have had it hooked to a computer before i SOLD IT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.