Truck Values - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Truck Values

Hi there guys,

I have been thinking about selling my truck. We all know about the great 7.3 reputation has the rest of the world figured this out? I was looking at other comparable trucks for sale online and noticed how high the value is. I talked to a dealership and he told me he can't keep up with the demand. Says when he gets a 7.3 it gets sold instantly. He suspects its related to great MPG, reliability, lack of emission controls to drive people crazy and cause poor fuel economy and low cost of maintenance.

Has anyone else noticed the truck value on the upside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 12:39 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Now alot of 7.3s sell for more than newer 6.0s even. I know the place I got my truck told me that if they have a 6.0 and a 7.3 with the same mileage the 7.3 will usually sell for about 5k more
Old 02-10-2012, 12:39 AM

I believe it...because the 7.3 now costs more than when I bought mine 4 years ago. I'm selling my 7.3 cause I bought a 6.0 lol yes I know...the dark side
Old 02-10-2012, 01:06 AM

It must be catching on.
When i was looking for one i stopped in a so so car lot that had one put front and center.
It was beat on! Dents and dings all over. Hitch had been cut off with torches, mirrors and tail lens broke.
The tailpipe was kinked most of the way shut. So, i asked how much. The guy arrogantly said 15k!
Well i asked about all the stuff that was wrong and his reply was...if you want a perfect truck, go to the dealership and spend 50k. I just about swung at that bastard! I couldnt tell ya the mileage because i never made it to the interior. It was an 01 sclb 4x4. Must be plating them in gold.
Now i know 15k was a typical asking price for a GOOD vehicle but with the abuse this thing was showing i wouldn't have paid 10k for it.
It was gone 2 weeks later. I can only assume someone bought it up!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:52 AM

Too bad I have way more money into my truck than its worth. I hear the brand new 6.7s are pretty nice.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrz13 View Post
Too bad I have way more money into my truck than its worth. I hear the brand new 6.7s are pretty nice.
My buttys go a 2011 king ranch 6.7. I drive it occasionally, but I like the 7.3 more. I've got a ccsbame as his 6.7 and i like mine more.

But his truck is in the shop at least once a month. Most of the time its because the transmission trys to skip 3rd. And when he has the truck in the shop he drives his '99 7.3 that has 300,000 miles on it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.