checking ICP pressure and duty cycle tool? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 06:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
checking ICP pressure and duty cycle tool?

Does anyone know what the cheapest tool/scanner is to check the IPC pressure and IPC duty cycle? I bought the palmer performance software and its suspose to support ford diesels and well so far it dont do a lot of crap after spending over $200 and their customer support is vauge and slow..

Im just wanting to check my truck and see how everything looks. I'm at 100K and want to make sure my HPOP is still going strong.

Thanks for any info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I use a ScanGauge II. They were around $125 shipped before Christmas but are $160 now.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

ok so i have been messing with this software I already have and dont recommend, it doesn't do what they said so far and customer service isn't the greatest.. so anyway these are the pid's this software will display. I can finally see the ICP duty cycle but i can't figure out the hpop readings. can anyone figure out if there is something else on here im missing?
Attached Thumbnails
checking ICP pressure and duty cycle tool?-palmer.jpg  
Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

best of everything. You're welcome. I just put one in my 4 guage pod, and it is absolutely amazing...

Aeroforce Technology Inc | Welcome
Old 02-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

AutoEnginuity is about the best thing you can get. Besides a Ford IDS.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yes, i have seen those. my problem is i have already spent $250 on this crappy software that dont work like they said.. so im not looking to spend anymore on something else right now. im just trying to get this crap to work.. im really thinking about callin my credit card company and complaining.. i talked to the company i bought the software from and they told me no refunds on software.. kinda a good gig, sell crap then say no refund when it dont do what u bought it for.. i kept all my emails with them. im just leanind hard about getting the terminator T-500 hpop and wanted to make sure i really needed it 1st, if not im was going to save a bit and get a 38r turbo.. money's tight these days.. lol
Old 02-14-2012, 06:11 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
WOW, you've followed, and even been given here in this thread, some pretty bad advice

Palmer, ScanGauge, AeroForce, all not well suited for Real diagnosis... They are all basic, half/assed, pretenders to the AE (as jesilvas suggests) with more "glitz" than substance. They just use the "generic", easy, stuff. See, how it works is, Ford has all this proprietary code that the aftermarket people have to reverse engineer. It's a Huge, on going, job! Nobody does it better than AE for the money. Plain & simple.

And that's what makes the difference to you & I, the end-users, all that work deciphering the "secret" codes. If it's not done, we get a limited tool.

I know your priority is "Does anyone know what the cheapest tool/scanner" but sometimes you really do get what you pay for, and for $100 more than what you've already spent you could have 5X the tool. Palmer is really bad. Those guys don't know diesels, and you've been defrauded (use those words with your CC company) by them into believing their stuff is well suited. If you can return what you got from them and get your money back, pony-up the extra buck and get the Only tool you should have had in the first place.....

Last edited by NoRalPh; 02-14-2012 at 06:14 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:35 AM

I agree with noralph
If you actually have proof that the company says that their product works well on diesels and it does not then you have a good case for a charge back.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

yes, im trying to get that figured out now.. im reading what their website says.... the fine print..
Old 02-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoRalPh View Post
WOW, you've followed, and even been given here in this thread, some pretty bad advice
Just so I understand correctly, my ScanGauge II does not display accurate ICP and IPR duty cycle data?

edit: The OP question was, "Does anyone know what the cheapest tool/scanner is to check the IPC pressure and IPC duty cycle?" His main concern appeared to be, "just wanting to check my truck and see how everything looks. I'm at 100K and want to make sure my HPOP is still going strong." I too wanted an inexpensive product to check various readings on my 2001 F-250 and thought the ScanGauge II would do it. Does the ScanGauge II display inaccurate ICP and IPR duty cycle data?

Last edited by Uncle Salty; 02-15-2012 at 06:34 AM. Reason: added info and question
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.