Guages - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 09:03 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guages

Narrowing in on some guages. Looking at the Glow Pro set.

1. The 3/1 guage with boost, EGT, and Temp (can do any oil, water tranny) I was thinking tranny.

2. The 4x pod with EGT, Boost, Tranny, Fuel Pressure

Questions are:

What do you think of these guages?
Is fuel pressure necessary or just a luxury?
If you had to choose only 1x Temp guage would it be oil, water, tranny?

What are the top 4 guages you would choose?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 09:32 PM
Emergency Services

My brother put glow sh*t gauges in his truck and they are terrible. I would get auto meter, they are kind of middle of the road. Isspro are the best but you pay for them that's for sure. As for the gauges themselves I would do the boost/pyro/trans/fuel press. The fuel isn't a must but it's nice to know but you could get away with the 3.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-01-2012, 05:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I have the Glow Shift fuel pressure, boost, pyro and trans temp gauges. I have had zero problems with them. Couldn't be happier, especially for the price.

If my wallet was larger, I would have gone with Isspros.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:00 PM

Thanks -- the only reason I would get the fuel pressure guage is because it comes with the 4 guage set. Was really thinking about the 3 in 1 guage. Any thoughts on that type of guage?

I would love to get the Isspro but my wallet right now just can go that far. Still looking and will also look at autometer.

Going to to throw this out there. I know some are ok with Glow shift and some hate them. What have been the problems for those that hate them?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:05 PM

Now that I put that out there here we go.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:13 PM

Love mine. Unless u want to get expensive gauges I think there is no need as long as they work

Old 02-01-2012, 08:16 PM

I was expecting my little offer on why they are good and why they are bad to produce a small feud but the thread is still young.

With that said I called O'reilly's today and they carry Bullydog-- looked that up on their site and the Watchdog and their watchdog with tuner looked really nice. The watchdog was reasonable BUT-- if I am correct these like the Edge monitor thru the OBD II port and only can monitor what is sent to the computer.

Anybody know what the 2001 PS sends and what can be monitored. The newer trucks claim they send most everything you would by guages for to the computer so an Edge or Watchdog would work-- Not sure about my 01.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Location: Lowville, New York. Studying Mechanical Eng. @ Suny Canton
I have glow shifts in mine and love them Pyro/boost/tran. For temp gauges if you have a auto you want the tran temp gauge for sure especially if you plan on tuning. I got an edge evolution i didnt bother putting on the hot tunes till i had the gauges so I could tell how it effected everything. If you have to go with a canned tune for a auto tranny the edge evolution is the safest one to get BUT if you got the cash GET CUSTOM tunes!!! Oh and STAY AWAY FROM Bullydog they are hell for our trucks
Old 02-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Emergency Services

My brother put them in his truck like I said. When we got them they were missing pieces and after we hooked them up only one of the three works and it was the trans temp. It only goes to 120* and stops no matter what the circumstances. I have heard other people complaining of having to send theirs back as well. I completely understand about the budget part believe me. I just wanted to share my experiences. Good luck no matter what route you go.

Old 02-02-2012, 08:10 PM

I'd go with boost, pyro, trans, and oil temp. Those are the 4 I'm looking for mine. Looking at Autometer Z series.

My grandpa has a glowshift trans temp gauge in his truck and I find it pretty hard to read, especially the way it's marked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.