Guys that have a ZF6 Swap.... Wiring Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Guys that have a ZF6 Swap.... Wiring Question

I've read all the threads and realize I can jump 2 wires together on the Automatics plug to make it crank. I also can put the reverse wires together to make them work. I do not see where to connect the 4x4 and Low range lights to the autos harness. If someone could help with that, that would be great!

However, my real question is, have any of you that have done the swap bought the manual's harness, or used the one off the donor truck?

I have the harness from the donor truck, but it is burnt where it was in the engine compartment. The manual's harness picks up the fuel pump and goes to the reverse lights and the 4x4 lights. Pretty simple.

Problem I have is, The auto's harness also has a main harness that goes to the back of the truck built into it, and 2 plugs up on the inner fenderwell. So I can't just take the auto off and put a new manual harness on. I'm not sure if the manual harness will plug into one of those plugs and you just leave the other unpluged, and maybe cut the harness where it splits off and used to go to the auto, and the rest goes to the back. That would be assuming that one of the plugs on the fender well is for the back of the truck, and one is for the auto tranny, but they are all tied up into one harness so I'm not sure.

Any insite would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bump for some help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.