How To Remove The Cab From A Ford Truck - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 12:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How To Remove The Cab From A Ford Truck

Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum site for 2 months after deciding to replace my 97 f250 4x4 (460). Two teenage boys fighting for leg room in a supercab but mostly replacing a 12' camper with a 34' 5th wheel toyhauler, just could'nt get up the hills with the new load. Found this forum really great, decided against the "sick-o" and got the 7.3. Anyway I want to add a small contribution to all who helped me with my decision, here is a link to add info to a thread re removal of cab from chassis- http://flatratetech.com/images/nav_how_to.htm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Banned

DONT follow that link exactly though frank. i have a better way of doing it if your interested. i dont share it with everyone because i dont feel this is a job EVERYONE should try. you need more mechanical ability than the average joe, this is why i share that info on a person by person basis......
Old 06-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Banned

and thanks for signing up, and welcome to the forum
Old 07-28-2008, 10:01 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschn99 View Post
DONT follow that link exactly though frank. i have a better way of doing it if your interested. i dont share it with everyone because i dont feel this is a job EVERYONE should try. you need more mechanical ability than the average joe, this is why i share that info on a person by person basis......
Hello, I just ran across this site and found your reply. I am replacing a damaged 00 F-350 4x4 AT Supercab with a 99 F-350 4x4 AT Supercab. I rebuild salvage vehicles from time to time for personal use. This is my first truck. If you would be willing to share your tips on replacing a cab I would love to hear them.

Thanks, Todd
Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Hi all, I've been lurking on this forum site for 2 months after deciding to replace my 97 f250 4x4 (460). Two teenage boys fighting for leg room in a supercab but mostly replacing a 12' camper with a 34' 5th wheel toyhauler, just could'nt get up the hills with the new load. Found this forum really great, decided against the "sick-o" and got the 7.3. Anyway I want to add a small contribution to all who helped me with my decision, here is a link to add info to a thread re removal of cab from chassis- http://flatratetech.com/images/nav_how_to.htm
Hello Frank,

I just found out that I have blown HG on my 6.0L. I am very mechanically inclined and I have the aptitude to rework my heads and replace the HG and the ARP studs. My biggest unknown is raising the cab, once I get it raised (approx. how high do you need to raise it?) Once I get to the engine I am home free.

Can you share your procedure on raising the cab of a 2003 crew cab? Someone told me that there is 8 bolts that mount the cab on the frame. I need to know where they are and what elese must be removed and disconnected such as the steering shaft, wiring harnesses, and radiator.

Regards,

OneTon4Fun
Old 03-30-2012, 08:59 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschn99 View Post
HI i have done a few of these jobs, im courisoue about your trick. Can you please tell me your info?
Old 07-13-2012, 05:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have just started the process of removing the Cab for and engine overhaul. I have a rotary lift and am very capable of this but some tips tricks and directions will make it go easier for would love for you to share. I have a 97' 250. Right now I am removing the frame to cab bolts and the one under the passenger footwell just keeps spinning and spinning what is the best way to get above it to hold the bolt in place to take it off?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

just starting the job of head gaskets and removing the cab. I would appreciate your information and ideas. thanks wlas4j@yahoo.com
Old 03-12-2014, 11:50 AM
Premium Member

Wtf is this thread? Spread out over 8 years with the accumulative post count being less than 20 for every person in it...?
Old 03-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schlutzer View Post
Wtf is this thread? Spread out over 8 years with the accumulative post count being less than 20 for every person in it...?
Ha! I went to that link at the beginning and it isn't even there anymore.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.