Creatin Chaos - Everything Forum - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Creatin Chaos - Everything Forum

So i am a newer member and well i have noticed every time i have a question i start a new thread and well i feel like i am all over the place so i have decided to make my own personal thread on my truck for all MY questions and concerns to keep track of everything on my truck....

The name of my truck is Creatin' Chaos

So the quick story goes i bought my 2002 F350 CCLB DRW the first week of December out of Wisconsin, it was originally a Texas truck so naturally it is truly clean, The gentlemen i bought it off of in WI stored the truck in his huge pull barn and only drove it in the summer time as a pleasure truck.... So when he had posted it for sale on a Monday i was on the phone with him telling him not to sell it i would be out there by the weekend to pick it up....

So i drove out to WI in my wife's car on a Friday night around 9pm arrived in WI Saturday morning around 10am... Looked over the truck and made the deal. Rented a tow dolly to pull my wife's car back home and was back on the road by 1pm and back in Michigan by 9pm for a total of just under 500 miles each way.... Got talking on the phone with the guy from WI and was telling him about my 97 F350 CCLB DRW 7.3L and he told me he was interested in it and wanted to buy it, So i unloaded my wifes car, parked the new truck, hooked up my 97' with the tow dolly and was back on the road by 12am. Headed back to WI and arrived early morning around 10am, Sold the WI guy my truck, dropped the tow dolly back off and headed back home to MI to arrive home by 9pm sunday night. So I ended up making 2 trips to WI in 2 days driving 2000 miles to finalize the deal on my new Truck.

So i bought with 181,338 miles on the truck, I have been averaging right around 400 -450 miles to a tank of fuel in the city. Not sure that the true highway miles are yet because driving back from WI i was towing a car. But I do recommend running some Sea-foam threw your tank weekly i have seen a huge improvement in the truck so far

Currently this is the specs on the truck
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Crew Cab Long Bed Dual rear wheel in black with a 8" super-lift, 22.5 Alcoa wheels and Yokohama radial tires, 4" DP to dual 6" stacks, Rhino linered bed with tool box, and Cobra CB radio with 2 - 36" fire sticks, Ranch hand Front and rear Bumpers with brush guards.

So far in the last month here is the list of things i have already done to the truck and also the to do list in the next month.

1. Amsoil 5w-40 synthetic diesel oil change with the a new Donaldson ELF 7405 oil filter
2. Front and rear BDS shocks
3. Dual BDS Stabilizer Shocks
4. New Drag link with tie rod
5. Replaced windshield wipers with new RainX wipers
6. New Piaa Fog light bulbs
7. Add new Cat plate
8. Removed all chrome door trim off of truck
9. Removed and replaced side marker light connectors with ford oem due to corrosion

I am currently running my truck's 22.5 tires at 80psi all the way around in the winter time since i figure with it being colder out i wanted to give my truck a little bit more cushion for the unforgiving michigan roads.

Future mods - in the next up coming weeks - Red means complete
1. Replace the radiator with a new ford oem radiator - since my has a small crack near the drain plug, i figure i am going to do preventative maintenance on the truck.
2. New Diesel site - 203* thermostat with new bullet housing
3. Diesel site's - Coolant filtration system
4. New Cat ECL - 1 Coolant replacement with complete system flush with Restore Plus
5. Flash the ECM back to stock - because the truck came programmed but without a programmer so i am not sure what the setting is or who it is programmed by, so i am going to bring it back to original,
6. I think i am going to run a TS - 6 Position chip on the truck for now DELETED of of list
7. 3 gauge pillar pod, with pyro meter, turbo, oil temp - DELETED off of list - Switching to a Edge CTS
8. Larger tool box with an 105 aux tank in bed with electric pump
9. New WeatherTech Floor Mats

Into the future mods ( within 6+ months or so)
1. harley davidson Headlights and billet grill
2. LED Roof and side markers
3. Pore 15 the entire underside of my frame
4. Switch from a automatic to a 6 or 9 speed manual transmission
5. Install a exhaust brake
6. Increase my brakes from a F350 to F550 by changing the calibers, rotors and pads.
7. 2008 Mirrors with lights
8. 2010 Tailgate
9. Upliffter switches with integrated brake controller

Well let the beginning of the Chaos Begin!!!! and thanks everyone who decided to follow with this thread along and help out along the way!!!!

Theres going to be some good info in this thread!!!!

Last edited by mymileager; 03-06-2012 at 07:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 04:33 PM

I am wondering if any of the lifted guys have there standard Class V receiver on there truck with a slide in of a Drop receiver? I already have a Drop hitch which is 14", but i was wondering if i removed that i need a receiver to be at the ball height so i can use my drawtite hitch with sway bars system on my trailer?
Old 01-25-2012, 04:33 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
9 speed trans? I havnt read anywhere of anyone doing that. You have me curious now.

Imho lose the Spikes and red backers on the wheels. Takes away from the clean look of a black truck. And your truck is an International not a CAT!!!

Other than that sweet truck man!
Old 01-25-2012, 04:43 PM

Ya i believe it is either Allison or Eaton fuller that make a 9 speed transmission for the 7.3L ill have to look into it, ya i am not sure about those back plates since i have the wheel spacers for the up graded lugs to fit if i am able to remove them or not, i havent had a chance to take the wheels off of the truck yet, but i am a fan of those spikes i think they make the front of the truck stand out i get a lot of ppl at the gas station liking those... and for the cat plate... it matched the truck for now, even though i am getting ready to do cat coolant and i do that the cat oil filter on the truck, theres not much more to the truck that is Cat... Ive just always been a fan of cat because its what i like to operate the most out of all the equipment i use
Old 01-25-2012, 04:56 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
10-4! Its your truck and you keep it how you want it for sure. Just giving my dumbass opinion.

Id love to have a few extra gears. I drive over the road with my dually and it would be nice to have a gear between second and third sometimes and another overdrive.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:03 PM

ya thats kinda of what i was thinking, im running about 2000rpm at 70 but would really like to reduce that by another 500 -750...... I owned a landscape company here in Michigan for the last 6 years and i sold it last summer so i am getting ready and gearing up to head down south to Texas so i know i am going to be on the road a lot between Michigan and texas, ive already managed to put just over 5000 miles on my truck since the beginning of December and i haven't even left the state yet..... i usually average about 40K miles a year so i figure by me creating this thread would help me keep track of things for my truck and constant communication with everyone in case im on the road and need some help along the way.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Good lookin' truck!!!

I'm anxious to see / read your future write ups!
Old 01-26-2012, 03:11 PM

So todays Adventure was to a company called Hallas Performance Hallas Performance - Diesel Performance Michigan
anyways i went up there to talk with them today regarding my truck, There are not a lot of places around that will or like to work on big trucks unless its a semi dealer location, So ive heard so much about this company but still havent had a chance to make it up to there shop, Well i made the drive up and got talking to them about my truck, one guy did a quick over look on my truck and said for the most part everything looks real good on the truck, So i told him what i was looking to have done to my truck

1. Radiator replaced
2. 203* thermostat and housing
3. Coolant filtration system - Any he stopped me and asked why? which kind of confused me, he told me that people really dont install them on the 7.3L, it was more or less the 6.0L that needed them due to the sand from the ceramic block, So im not sure on what i want to do and need some opinions if i should run the diesel site's 7.3L coolant filtration system or not! will it help or just be a waste of money? Also he did recommend doing my water pump he was kind of surprised to see my original factory water pump still in my truck at 186,5xx miles So should i do a water pump also, even though i haven't had a problem with it?

SO i called ford today to get pricing on OEM parts and they want $350 for a radiator which is about $100 over what an aftermarket one was but came with a 3 year warranty and they wanted another $305 for a OEM water pump.... Which an after market is running about $175.... SO are OEM parts that good should i stick with them? are they worth the money?? Need help

Need to figure this out tonight bc i need to order parts tomorrow
Old 01-26-2012, 05:35 PM

So i just went ahead and ordered the following for my truck from www.DieselSite.com

1. 203* Thermostat
2. Billet Housing
3. Coolant filter system

it all should be here by monday/ tuesday!!!

Now all i have to do is decide if i am going to buy OEM or After market Radiator and water pump

Any Thoughts or input would be great!!!

Last edited by mymileager; 01-27-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:07 PM

Took the truck up to the local ford dealer today and to my surprise they were able to do a front wheel alignment and adjustment, They only charged me $69.95 for the wheel alignment which for a dealership didnt seem to bad at all, since none of the local tire places would were able to do a alignment on my truck due to the large wheels

SO I still need HELP on deciding if i want to run OEM or Aftermarket parts for the Radiator and Water pump????? Ive got firm prices now on the OEM parts
$315 - Radiator
$276 - Waterpump
Both are Ford genuine OEM parts from the dealership

Talked to a few local auto parts stores regarding there aftermarket parts and its starting to make me nervous when they dont even know who makes them or didnt know anything about them.... What would you guys recommend for a good website to check out parts if i was to order them online???

Oh and by the way Thanks River Rat for the Thumbs up I meant to say something the other day!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.