So i am a newer member and well i have noticed every time i have a question i start a new thread and well i feel like i am all over the place so i have decided to make my own personal thread on my truck for all MY questions and concerns to keep track of everything on my truck....
The name of my truck is Creatin' Chaos
So the quick story goes i bought my 2002 F350 CCLB DRW the first week of December out of Wisconsin, it was originally a Texas truck so naturally it is truly clean, The gentlemen i bought it off of in WI stored the truck in his huge pull barn and only drove it in the summer time as a pleasure truck.... So when he had posted it for sale on a Monday i was on the phone with him telling him not to sell it i would be out there by the weekend to pick it up....
So i drove out to WI in my wife's car on a Friday night around 9pm arrived in WI Saturday morning around 10am... Looked over the truck and made the deal. Rented a tow dolly to pull my wife's car back home and was back on the road by 1pm and back in Michigan by 9pm for a total of just under 500 miles each way.... Got talking on the phone with the guy from WI and was telling him about my 97 F350 CCLB DRW 7.3L and he told me he was interested in it and wanted to buy it, So i unloaded my wifes car, parked the new truck, hooked up my 97' with the tow dolly and was back on the road by 12am. Headed back to WI and arrived early morning around 10am, Sold the WI guy my truck, dropped the tow dolly back off and headed back home to MI to arrive home by 9pm sunday night. So I ended up making 2 trips to WI in 2 days driving 2000 miles to finalize the deal on my new Truck.
So i bought with 181,338 miles on the truck, I have been averaging right around 400 -450 miles to a tank of fuel in the city. Not sure that the true highway miles are yet because driving back from WI i was towing a car. But I do recommend running some Sea-foam threw your tank weekly i have seen a huge improvement in the truck so far
Currently this is the specs on the truck
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Crew Cab Long Bed Dual rear wheel in black with a 8" super-lift, 22.5 Alcoa wheels and Yokohama radial tires, 4" DP to dual 6" stacks, Rhino linered bed with tool box, and Cobra CB radio with 2 - 36" fire sticks, Ranch hand Front and rear Bumpers with brush guards.
So far in the last month here is the list of things i have already done to the truck and also the to do list in the next month.
1. Amsoil 5w-40 synthetic diesel oil change with the a new Donaldson ELF 7405 oil filter
2. Front and rear BDS shocks
3. Dual BDS Stabilizer Shocks
4. New Drag link with tie rod
5. Replaced windshield wipers with new RainX wipers
6. New Piaa Fog light bulbs
7. Add new Cat plate
8. Removed all chrome door trim off of truck
9. Removed and replaced side marker light connectors with ford oem due to corrosion
I am currently running my truck's 22.5 tires at 80psi all the way around in the winter time since i figure with it being colder out i wanted to give my truck a little bit more cushion for the unforgiving michigan roads.
Future mods - in the next up coming weeks - Red means complete
1. Replace the radiator with a new ford oem radiator - since my has a small crack near the drain plug, i figure i am going to do preventative maintenance on the truck.
2. New Diesel site - 203* thermostat with new bullet housing
3. Diesel site's - Coolant filtration system
4. New Cat ECL - 1 Coolant replacement with complete system flush with Restore Plus
5. Flash the ECM back to stock - because the truck came programmed but without a programmer so i am not sure what the setting is or who it is programmed by, so i am going to bring it back to original,
6. I think i am going to run a TS - 6 Position chip on the truck for now DELETED of of list
7. 3 gauge pillar pod, with pyro meter, turbo, oil temp - DELETED off of list - Switching to a Edge CTS
8. Larger tool box
with an 105 aux tank in bed with electric pump
9. New WeatherTech Floor Mats
Into the future mods ( within 6+ months or so)
1. harley davidson Headlights and billet grill
2. LED Roof and side markers
3. Pore 15 the entire underside of my frame
4. Switch from a automatic to a 6 or 9 speed manual transmission
5. Install a exhaust brake
6. Increase my brakes from a F350 to F550 by changing the calibers, rotors and pads.
7. 2008 Mirrors with lights
8. 2010 Tailgate
9. Upliffter switches with integrated brake controller
Well let the beginning of the Chaos Begin!!!! and thanks everyone who decided to follow with this thread along and help out along the way!!!!
Theres going to be some good info in this thread!!!!