Critical to know your gear ratio when ordering the PHP chip? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 02:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Critical to know your gear ratio when ordering the PHP chip?

Hey guys i am in need of some advice here. I bought my truck last year and it is running 37x13.5x20 tires but im not sure if the previous owner had regeared the truck when he put those tires on. I was about to order my chip and saw that it asksfor the gear ratio. I tried to call the previous owner but he has gotten a new number. is it crucial that i have the gear ratio while ordering the chip? If i put the stock gear ratio would it only throw off my speedometer or what? Any help would be appreciated!
THANKS

Last edited by 99powerchoker; 01-25-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2012, 06:33 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

Google gear ratio change. I read somewhere that you can spin the rear wheels, count revolutions of the drive shaft ,divide etc. something like that.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:28 PM

Exclamation

I know there are ways to find out but i just wanted to know if i end up putting the stock gear ratio, how would it effect the chip?
Old 01-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

go to ford give them your vin your set its a printout on everything on your truck, date built,where, gear ratio, etc, blah. blah, blah lol hope this helps ya
Old 01-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

i think what 99powerchocker is asking is. Since he doesnt know the gears he has in now, if just putting in the stock gear ratio on the info for his chip, if it will throw anything off on his truck or mess anything up. Since he's unsure what gear ratio he has, does it matter what gear ratio he puts in for the chip. Did I help clear it up? lol
Old 01-25-2012, 10:05 PM
Emergency Services

Honestly I do not know, sorry. All I can suggest is to call Bill and see what he says. Good luck, by the way you will love PHP tunes.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:11 AM

Thanks LTSmith thats exactly what im trying to explain. I have emailed Bill from PHP a couple days ago but havent heard anything back. I am not able to call during the week cause monday through friday i am at school till 4 and it says phone hours end at 3 i think. Is there any other way to contact him? Is he a member on this forum?
Old 01-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Emergency Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99powerchoker View Post
Thanks LTSmith thats exactly what im trying to explain. I have emailed Bill from PHP a couple days ago but havent heard anything back. I am not able to call during the week cause monday through friday i am at school till 4 and it says phone hours end at 3 i think. Is there any other way to contact him? Is he a member on this forum?
Yes he is, I believe his name is Power-Hungry or something close to that.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:51 PM

Alright i just emailed Cody and Bill at their PHP email. Im not sure how to get ahold of them on here. If i had to guess i would only think the different gear ratio would only throw off my speedometer but thats just a guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.