Transmission Question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Transmission Question

Hey guys. Bought my truck a awhile ago and the tranny seems to be pretty tight and sharp, but with 160k miles on it, and me wanting to throw in a chip and exhaust and what not, Im a little nervous that I might hurt it. (only because its still stock and original). My question is, I cant afford to buy a new one (boy I wish I cud get a BTS or suncoast!!! ) And Im not very familiar with trannys, but what could my options be? I dont wanna spend tons of money on a new tranny, but I dont want it to break down on me. Would possibly like, putting in an aftermarket TQ converter and valve body help? Or would trying to rebuild it? (are those the same thing? Again not familiar with transmissions at all lol) What do you guys suggest, or do you think its fine how it is? Its a daily driver now, but I do get on it and beat it up sometimes. Im still young so romping on the throttle and little races are still what I like. . Im just wondering if you guys have any input as to what you think I should do and what my best options would be. Any and all input is what I like and greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mines got about 290,xxx on the factory transmission. Im not running custom tunes yet but all will work with your trans for better shifting and the overall life of it.. I haven't done anything but regular maintenance to it, and still beat on it every now and then.. I'm sure some of the other guys will chime in and give some more info.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:50 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any other input? Just curious before I order my chip! Also, when I order my chip, I dont have exhaust yet, but I will b getting it soon. Should I just say I have an exhaust system so I dont need to send it back? or does that not matter? Just dont wanna kill my tranny! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.