Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Ford Service "Work Shop Manual" DVD

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Lando302 
#1 ·
Anyone have a Ford Service "Work Shop Manual" DVD they use? I just bought one off of Ebay, supposedly you're supposed to set the date on your computer back to the date of the disk, which I did, and all the info should open up in Acrobat Adobe. Anyone have one of these DVD's and been able to accesss the info on it? I thought this would be a good way to get any info I could possible need on my truck but I can't get the damn thing to open the files on it.

#3 ·
I have one but haven't used it in years. It basically looks like somebody copied a Ford program that was time sensitive (you can try to search OASIS). I don't remember if it opens in adobe or not.

#4 ·
Everything is supposedly PDF files that can be viewed in Adobe.

Updates of these disks are supposedly sent to the dealerships on a regular basis and the guy selling it said you have to set the date on your computer back to the date of the disk because it will not open if you don't.....supposedly that's the way that Ford can make sure the shops use the newest updated version of each disk for each vehicle. I tried it with and without setting the date back, same result each time.

#5 ·
I have one, and they are Great! I think it's 00-03 and has Tons of good info (wiring diagrams, trouble shooting, flow charts, Drivetrain & Body) It takes a little bit getting used to, kind "clunky" the way it's organized and not at all intuitive to me (I guess that's they way "Ford guys" are trained though)

It's been a Long time since I installed it, I forget what I had to do but I know that computers date is current now so you only have to do it once. Maybe change the date on the Bios as well as the OS?

You don't just "view" those files, it has to be installed and you use their program to view. You'll find it worth what ever it takes to get it going though :thumb:

#6 ·
I have a subscription to Alldata.com. It seems to have most everything that I need. You can buy a subscription for just your vehicle. I think it was 20 bucks for the year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.