Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Brakes going on next week , any ideas?

784 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  xraypipeliner 
#1 ·
My Powerstops with Evolution pads arrived today. Still waiting for my SS bakelines. Im putting 24's on it this spring so I am having my calipers painted too. My truck is an '03 with 61k. Should I change the wheel bearings while its apart? And looking for ideas of any other thing I should have done. I have a nasty rattle sound in the front end when I hit bumps. Not sure what that is. Thanks!

#2 ·
Guess im gonna replace all the calipers too...

#3 ·
That rattle could be a sway bar bushing, or possibly leaf spring bushing. Idk about replacing the bearings though.. if it was my truck, I would probably go ahead and do it for the peace of mind..

#4 ·
Do they sell a complete front end bushing kit?

#5 ·
Not that I have seen.. doesn't mean its not out there.

The sway bar is easy to check, just crawl under the truck, grab a hold of it and there's any major play the bushing needs to be replaced.

Leaf spring can be kinda tested. Basically have some stand on the bumper and bounce. If its making the noise during that, then just track down which one it is.

#6 ·
I believe Energy Suspension makes a complete bushing kit for the front end of our trucks.

#7 ·
Anyone know how much fluid I need to order to flush,fill, and bleed the whole system?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.