turbo,injectors,and high pressure oil pump ?s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
turbo,injectors,and high pressure oil pump ?s

I have a 2003 f350 7.3l with an edge juice with attitude,5" exhaust, an intake, and the compressor wheel upgrade. I am getting ready to buy a Garret gtp38r turbo. I was wanting thoughts on that. I was also wondering wat size injectors I should get and wat kind of high pressure oil pump I should get. Also will the edge still be a good enough chip or do I have to get another kind
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2012, 11:05 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
with injectors your going to want to go to single shots. they will require a custom tuned chip (i'd look into custom tunes no matter what and dump the edge) as for injector size that depends on what your goals are and injector size will also help determine the hpop you'll want to look into.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:43 PM

GTP38R is fine. It's a good daily and towing turbo.

Now for injectors, I don't know what you do, but I'd recommend the Swamp's 175/30s. They are single shot injectors, with 170ccs of fuel delivery and 30% over stock nozzles. They should offer plenty of power for anyone, unless you're wanting to step it up a bit. 238cc hybrids have gotten pretty popular, but nozzle choice will vary by what you do with your truck.

Custom tuning is necessary for any kind of injector upgrade. Now you could get larger split shot injectors, but in my opinion, they're a waste. Split shots are holding back the power potential and also for the price of smaller split shots, you can get the upgraded singles. I personally recommend Power Hungry Performance for custom tuning as they seem to have some awesome tuning right now. But there's also custom tuning from Swamp's and Bean's that tend to get props as well.

As far as the HPOP, get the Dieselsite Adrenaline or a Terminator Engineering T500.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM

With those 175/30 single shots, your HPOP probably would be OK, so long as it's healthy, as single shots tend to require less oil than a split shot of the same volume/nozzle (until you go big...then anything will require big oil lol).

But like Zytek, said, the Terminator is a real nice upgrade for the HPOP, expensive though (but then again, they ALL are lol)
Old 01-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I use it manly for a daily driver but I also tow with it. I am wanting to get around 400 to 450 out of it
Old 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
full force 160s or swamps 175/146 and a gtp38r should get you close to 400. to go above that though you'll want to look into stage 2s the t500 hpop is the cheapest upgrade out of the hpops. and you may want to look into a different turbo set up with stage 2s ive heard the gtp38r isn't the most ideal turbo for it. I've always been recommended the modded h2e for stage 2s and above. but to run 500hp there are more mods that are going to come into play. are you looking into getting a built tranny?
Old 01-23-2012, 12:03 PM

I was gonna say modded H2e, custom 66mm S300, or a Wide Open GQSSB.

And the other thing I forgot was yeah, without trans upgrades, the trans will be roasted in no time. A Brian's Truck Shop built 4R100 is exactly what you want if you haven't built your trans already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.