Should i keep my edge evolution or go to a chip? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 03:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Should i keep my edge evolution or go to a chip?

I have a 1999 f250 7.3. When i bought the truck it came with the Edge Evolution Programmer that you plug in under the dash and then unplug once programmed. The programs on it are Stock, Economy, Tow, Race (Which i think is 100hp and 200tq?). I was wondering if you guys think i should get a chip like a DP Tuner, TS, etc... Ive heard that an actual chip is the best thing for the truck but wanted to hear some input. Looking for the best hp and mpg option programmer or chip. i am running a 4" turbo back straight pipe, and have a K&N (Will have a DIY with Donaldson Filter by tomorrow or the weekend). Let me know what you guys think, im still in school so im still learning. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 10:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
deffinately look into custom tunes. it is a night and day difference, not only in power but shifting and drivability. and i'd agree with the diy filter and tossing the k&n. i know when i was looking at chips php was the cheapest by a few hundred and they rock.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:09 AM

so does php make the tunes for your ts chip? yeah i have the K&N cone filter on the truck now and i have heard they are bad for dusting? Where did you get your chip, off of their website? Anyone know the difference between the DP tuner f5 and the f6?
Thanks
Old 01-14-2012, 08:17 AM

Finished my DIY intake! looks great imo. Im pretty much stuck between the TS and the PHP chip. The PHP was i think 295 vs the TS which is 237 on xdp.com with a 5% off code. Which one should i go with?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:54 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Php over Ts. The dp f6 is internet updateable I think.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:15 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Definitely "Thumbs Down" on the Edge, custom tunes are the way to go and there are a few good choices. Just be warned, if you ever want to go with HID headlights, stay Away from DPTuner. They are the Only people who can't get their hardware right and are effected by the ballasts so badly your truck dies
Old 01-15-2012, 07:00 PM

Yeah i have heard stories about the DP tuner's effects on the HID's and HID's are somthing i would like to get for my truck also. What makes PHP much better than a TS? Is there much point in getting a lope Idle tune and/or a "smoke show" tune? the lope idle just sounds like it would be terrible for the truck but that could just be me...
Old 01-15-2012, 07:02 PM

TS is a generic tuning company. DP, PHP, Tony Wildman, Beans, Swamps, etc. tune for YOU individually, what is on your specific truck, and what you personally want it to do.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:57 PM

alright. i will look into them. thanks for the help guys
Old 01-16-2012, 02:21 PM

PHP uses a TS chip. In most cases you would buy the chip directly from whoever you want your tunes from. the advantage of a TS chip over DP is that you have a lot of people to chose from to burn you tunes for the TS but for DP you are limited to what DP offers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.