Gettin new tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Gettin new tires

Thinking about Fierce Attitude MT's. Going with 285-75/16. What about Duratracs in that size? I have read about the Fierce tires resisting cuts from rock roads. My cooper atr's are cut and chopped to hell from my rock road. Open to suggestion....oh yea only have $900 for tires. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You may want to take a peek at the courser C/Ts from Mastercraft, After about 15k miles on my half-ton they still look brand spankin' new. They arent technically a "mud tire", but the tread is pretty aggressive, especially the side lugs.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:49 PM

Treadwrights - I've gone through 2 sets, bro just put a set of 285's on his 06 Cummins and had a set on his 07 Silverado.

I cannot say enough good about their customer service. Top notch, great quality, and for $500 for a set of tires shipped (running stock sized 265's here, for now) I cannot complain. I put 4-7K miles on my truck per month, have towed my 24' enclosed race trailer loaded down 2000 miles round trip. Yeah, they're retreads, but I haven't had any issues and mine beat down oil field roads all the time, messed up, nasty, rocky roads...

If you dont want to get raped on tire prices, its the only way to go IMO.

Spend the money you save on other mods! Or send it to me as a thank you for turning you on to Treadwright, lol. Order them, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

www.treadwright.com

Last edited by ProOnThaSnow; 01-06-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProOnThaSnow View Post
Treadwrights - I've gone through 2 sets, bro just put a set of 285's on his 06 Cummins and had a set on his 07 Silverado.

I cannot say enough good about their customer service. Top notch, great quality, and for $500 for a set of tires shipped (running stock sized 265's here, for now) I cannot complain. I put 4-7K miles on my truck per month, have towed my 24' enclosed race trailer loaded down 2000 miles round trip. Yeah, they're retreads, but I haven't had any issues and mine beat down oil field roads all the time, messed up, nasty, rocky roads...

If you dont want to get raped on tire prices, its the only way to go IMO.

Spend the money you save on other mods! Or send it to me as a thank you for turning you on to Treadwright, lol. Order them, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

www.treadwright.com
I've considered these, how many miles you getting out of these? Are they loud?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:39 PM

If you spend a lot of time on gravel roads. I'd look into the Toyo M55. One of the few tires that seem to really hold up on loose gravel roads. They are almost a commercial tire.

Jason
Old 01-06-2012, 05:45 PM

Too much money brother! (for me) Thanks though
Old 01-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Duratracs are soft, they'd get chewed up by rocks.

Never run Fierce before, and the Mastercraft and Treadrights aren't sold in Canada to my knowledge, so never seen them.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I've read a bunch of reviews on these Treadwright Tires, I may have to get me some! Great reviews and awesome prices!!! Thanks for posting that ProSnow!!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 AM

No problem... and I can't be certain how many miles I've got out of mine. I was running so hard this summer for work I literally didn't get to rotate one set and wore the backs out faster than the fronts (I run with all my tools in the bed of my truck).

Then, immediately after I replaced those, my front ball joints went and I was running for a week non-stop on bad joints. Chewed up the inside of the front tires (just my luck). I'd imagine I could easily get 45K out of a set if I regularly rotated them and was able to keep my truck legit long enough to run a set.

The way I look at it is like this. I go through 2 sets of tires per year (if nothing happens out of the norm to either set). That's $1000/year for tires through treadwright. It's be $2200 - $2500 with another brand. You get to pick the carcass when you order if you want to (just tell them, they'll make it happen). The Warden pattern is similar to the BFG All Terrain (the carcasses I choose to run). Now, hopefully when I order a new pair for the front here in the next week - my truck and time will cooperate so I can rotate them and nothing out of the norm happens to them.

Also, I'm glad when the balljoints went I was running these. It would have been $600 in tires vs the $250 that it is going to cost to replace them now.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVER-RAT View Post
I've read a bunch of reviews on these Treadwright Tires, I may have to get me some! Great reviews and awesome prices!!! Thanks for posting that ProSnow!!
Thanks ProOnThaSnow! Never heard of these before and man that will save me a ton! Bad news is the money saved won't go into other mods. But it will get me closer to building my barn/shop!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.