Daystar 2" Leveling kit..installing. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Daystar 2" Leveling kit..installing.

Got this kit with 4 Scorpion shocks for my sons 2000 for xmas...$309 bucks, we are in the middle of the install, got one side done, and will finish the other tonight. I must say, the install instructions from Daystar were lackluster. They could have given bolt/nut sizes for refrence. Hardest part so far has been getting the coil lined up and back in place ...it has been a beeeaach. Prob spent a total of 3 hours on the drivers side and hopefully the learning curve will make the passenger side a quicker job....will let you guys know how it turns out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

scribed. I'm about to install this on my dads 03 2wd.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Well, the passenger side went alot smoother..I would say about an hour to do. We got the coil to seat on the first shot. This is def a two man job. What make it easier was being able to back my John Deere up to the truck and hook into the trucks tow hook and lift it, then put support jacks under the frame, that way we could jerk around on the truck without fear of it fallin off the jacks. Problem areas...the nut that holds the bottom coil mount is on there TIGHT!..we used a deep well socket and 1/2 in breakover to loosen it, and working in between the coil spring is a pain, even with some WD40 soaked on the nut. Overall, it rendered an inch and a half lift, and the new shocks made it ride a little better. There is a definite need to get an alignment done, because it will leave you with noticable camber due to the 2" block under the coils. Getting it in the shop for that in the next day or two..Don't know how much it will cost to correct the camber, but Ill let you know. ALSO... having a small hydrolic jack to force the axle down was a big help in getting the coils out. We just sandwiched it in between the axle pivot and frame and jacked it up till it popped out (lower mount still attatched so it didn't go flying everywhere) Then going back together, tighten the lower coil mount, and as I forced the coil towards position with my foot, my son lowered the hydrolic jack to seat the coil.....worked pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.