Join Date: Jul 2011
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well, the passenger side went alot smoother..I would say about an hour to do. We got the coil to seat on the first shot. This is def a two man job. What make it easier was being able to back my John Deere up to the truck and hook into the trucks tow hook and lift it, then put support jacks under the frame, that way we could jerk around on the truck without fear of it fallin off the jacks. Problem areas...the nut that holds the bottom coil mount is on there TIGHT!..we used a deep well socket and 1/2 in breakover to loosen it, and working in between the coil spring is a pain, even with some WD40 soaked on the nut. Overall, it rendered an inch and a half lift, and the new shocks made it ride a little better. There is a definite need to get an alignment done, because it will leave you with noticable camber due to the 2" block under the coils. Getting it in the shop for that in the next day or two..Don't know how much it will cost to correct the camber, but Ill let you know. ALSO... having a small hydrolic jack to force the axle down was a big help in getting the coils out. We just sandwiched it in between the axle pivot and frame and jacked it up till it popped out (lower mount still attatched so it didn't go flying everywhere) Then going back together, tighten the lower coil mount, and as I forced the coil towards position with my foot, my son lowered the hydrolic jack to seat the coil.....worked pretty good.
2000 Powerstroke 7.3 F250 Lariat 'bout to roll 155K...Oh wait!..it already did!
6637 DIY intake,PHP Pheonix 6 and Straight Piped.
"If it has tits or tires..you're gonna have problems"