Rough Ride - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough Ride

My 02 cc 2x4 rides really ruff, my buddy had a 99 and another has a 01 both cc and both trucks ride so smooth comparied to mine.
The rear of my truck sits real high and the suspension is stiff comparied to their trucks.
The suspension on all trucks looks the same, just need to figure out what i could do or change to improve the ride? Any help or info would be great, thanks inadvance guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,240
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosuzuki View Post
My 02 cc 2x4 rides really ruff, my buddy had a 99 and another has a 01 both cc and both trucks ride so smooth comparied to mine.
The rear of my truck sits real high and the suspension is stiff comparied to their trucks.
The suspension on all trucks looks the same, just need to figure out what i could do or change to improve the ride? Any help or info would be great, thanks inadvance guys
What is it doing differently? Might need new shocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 12-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just really ruff ride, his truck you dont feel all the bumpes where mine you feel every expasion joint in the road. My truck was used to pull a 5th wheel, but not sure what was done to the suspension though, my buddy seems to think its the leaf springs but they look the same as his but mines sits up way higher in the rear end.

If i stand on his rear bumper the truck will lower alittle, where even if i bouce on mine it wont hardly move and im 400lbs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 12-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It most likely is the springs because if they are always hauling it needs heavier springs. You do not have air bags on the rear of the truck do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 12-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgassel View Post
It most likely is the springs because if they are always hauling it needs heavier springs. You do not have air bags on the rear of the truck do you?
No air bags. Could i install different springs and where would i find them? They look no different than the springs my buddy has on truck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 12-27-2011, 04:08 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maine
Posts: 4,240
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Skype™ to ToMang07
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosuzuki View Post
No air bags. Could i install different springs and where would i find them? They look no different than the springs my buddy has on truck.
The door stickers *should* have the ratings for the springs on each truck.... have him check his and compare to yours... I bet yours had a 6,000# rear end and his is probably a 4,800# rear end... Just guessing tho. Still could be shock related.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 12-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 281
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Count the leafs you may have more on yours compaired to your buddies.

Also are your buddies trucks F 250 or F 350 and what is your truck?

The previous owner may have installed springs off a larger truck.
I have heard of guys putting F 450 on their F350 I have not looked at them in detail to see what the difference is.

I also agree with the person above to check the sticker on the door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToMang07 View Post
The door stickers *should* have the ratings for the springs on each truck.... have him check his and compare to yours... I bet yours had a 6,000# rear end and his is probably a 4,800# rear end... Just guessing tho. Still could be shock related.
thanks im gonna check the sticker out and see what his says also
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgassel View Post
Count the leafs you may have more on yours compaired to your buddies.

Also are your buddies trucks F 250 or F 350 and what is your truck?

The previous owner may have installed springs off a larger truck.
I have heard of guys putting F 450 on their F350 I have not looked at them in detail to see what the difference is.

I also agree with the person above to check the sticker on the door.
We counted them and have the same number and they look the same also. thanks guys for the replys and i will let you know what i find, thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 12-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just noticed i didnt mention both trucks are f-250,s.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors