Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Rough Ride

2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  turbosuzuki 
#1 ·
My 02 cc 2x4 rides really ruff, my buddy had a 99 and another has a 01 both cc and both trucks ride so smooth comparied to mine.
The rear of my truck sits real high and the suspension is stiff comparied to their trucks.
The suspension on all trucks looks the same, just need to figure out what i could do or change to improve the ride? Any help or info would be great, thanks inadvance guys :thumb:

#3 ·
Just really ruff ride, his truck you dont feel all the bumpes where mine you feel every expasion joint in the road. My truck was used to pull a 5th wheel, but not sure what was done to the suspension though, my buddy seems to think its the leaf springs but they look the same as his but mines sits up way higher in the rear end.

If i stand on his rear bumper the truck will lower alittle, where even if i bouce on mine it wont hardly move and im 400lbs :dunno:

#7 ·
Count the leafs you may have more on yours compaired to your buddies.

Also are your buddies trucks F 250 or F 350 and what is your truck?

The previous owner may have installed springs off a larger truck.
I have heard of guys putting F 450 on their F350 I have not looked at them in detail to see what the difference is.

I also agree with the person above to check the sticker on the door.

#13 ·
Your thread man, I think you have the right to dig it up! :rofl:

I was just thinking if you guys have different spring ratings, that could explain the difference in the rides. For example, if he has 5,000# rear end and you have a 6,000# rear end, naturally yours will ride rougher.

Another thing to think about, were both your buddies' trucks 2wd too?

#14 ·
Ok :rofl:. Just got off the phone and has has the same ratings :mad: this sucks cause i have a bad back and the ride is getting to be uncomfortable.
Both trucks are 2wd, his is a 99 model but im not sure if that means anything.

I just dont think shocks would be the trouble, its just stiff as hell. I wish i knew how to post pics so i could let you guys see it and maybe see something i dont.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.