Need some Feedback - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some Feedback

Hey guys! I'm new here. I'm about to get 2002 F250 7.3 and want to ask for some opinion. Right now I'm currently driving 2003 F150 King Ranch Crew Cab 4x4. I have been talking to this guy that he is interesting in trading between his truck 2002 F250 7.3 for my Truck. I'm also interesing in his truck. We will trade for equal value, which mean there will be no payment, which is a plus. Reason why he is going down size is because he driving company truck and doesn't really drive his truck that much. Also for me, why I want to move up? Because I need a little more power and better at towing than my F-150. Also I know that everyone wants the 7.3. So that's why I'm interesting in his truck. His truck has 246k miles on it. Truck have DP Tuner, Air raid Intake System, 5 inch straight pipe with 6 inch tip and leveling kit with 33 inch tires on it. It does have pillar pod for boost, exhaust temp and tranny temp also digital DP Tuner. Truck is ext cab and long bed. He has been changing oil every 5-8k miles and use rev-x oil additive. He sent his oil test lab somewhere in Fort Wayne, IN and test out the oil and they reported that the engine is running in great condition. Which he proved me with paper from the test. He told me that truck still running on original injectors and glow plugs. So I'm kinda curious why it still on original injectors and glow plugs. So I want to ask for opinion and feedback. I know 7.3 is a good diesel engine and they last long time if well take care of it. This guy bought it at 115k miles from his boss. His boss bought it at 60k miles. So he had this truck since 115k miles. So that why I'm here to ask for opinion and feedback. Hopefully somebody will shout out their opinion and some feedback before I decide to trade it or not. I will need to know before Tuesday (December 27th) Thank you! Merry Christmas!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Banned

its youre truck, do what you want to do, if you think its a solid trade then go for it
Old 12-24-2011, 04:05 AM

Sounds good, drive it some and see how you like it.
A thing to remember is you pay to play. Everything is heavy duty, tougher, and last a lot longer, but you do pay for it.
The injectors don't bother me much. Every truck is different some guys get 400,000+ miles out of their injectors. Like most things, the better you take care of it, the longer it last.
This is my first diesel and I love it, wish I would've gotten one sooner.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce51d View Post
its youre truck, do what you want to do, if you think its a solid trade then go for it
Old 12-24-2011, 12:10 PM

Thanks for the replies guys! I honestly think it's a good trade to me. Because my current truck is paid off and so is his too. So we will just trade equal value. So no truck payment and I move up from f-150 to f-250 and that is a plus! I still want to see more opinion and feedback. I know it holiday this weekend and many people might not get on this site and I know time is wrong to ask. But I'm glad that others has replied.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:29 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I did basically the same thing, went from an 01 f150 with a 4.6 to my 03 with the 7.3.. I love it! I've got about 285,xxx miles and still all stock with the exception of intake and exhaust.. never been happier with a truck.. Idk that I'll go back to a gasser in a pickup.. my opinion: go for it!
Old 12-24-2011, 09:29 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
I went from a gasser to a diesel and never looked back. A crew cab loaded F 150 is really nice though.

P.S. Rev X is really good stuff. I use it in my truck. Put some 5/40 syn and RevX in that 7.3 and she really gets smooth!
Old 12-25-2011, 11:42 AM

Now I feeling better and feel more comfortable about trade it for my truck. I just hope his truck is running properly and doesn't need anything for while. I have already drove it and I like it.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:57 PM

So after few days ago since I have been on here. I finally traded in my F-150 King Ranch for 2002 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke. Truck has DP Tuner, 5 inch straight pipe with 6 inch tip, 4 gauges on pillar pod, AEM air intake system and leveling kit. Truck looks good for 10 years old truck. Let me know what you guys think?
Old 12-29-2011, 06:02 PM
NOT a Democrat

Send a message via AIM to Galaxie
Freaking LOVE IT!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.