unknown water leak - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
unknown water leak

has anyone else had issues with water getting in the cab on the passenger side. iv been noticing water on the floor everyday now when i drive and i finally had time to pull the plastic trim and the channel there is filled with water and the pad under the vinyl floor is soaked. im gonna be taking the seats and everything out this weekend to look around for it but any help on where to start would be great

Late 99 7.3L Stroke, 4in Turbo Back with 6in Stack, 75&140 HP 2 Position Chip, Boost Fooler, Foil Delete, GDS Fuel Spring, Intake, WW,4 inch suspension lift with drop pitman and drop track bar bracket, 35x12.5x16" on stock rims
post #2 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 09:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had this happen one time, and there was a thread about it, I'll see if I can find it. My whole carpet on the passenger side was soaked.

2000 DRW CC 7.3
Exterior: 08 Exterior Clone, 22.5's
Engine Mods: GTP38R WW2, 5 inch exhaust,T500, 6637, TW tunes,DI Up pipes, 6.7 fuel pump fuel system.
Trans Mods: 6.0 trans cooler, JW Valve body,Billet triple disc converter.
Sound Mods: 7" flip out tv, 3-way speakers all around, 12" sub, 500 watt amp.
Misc:dieselsite coolant filter, max ac assist, BRV, IHD,gauges, CCV

Next up power rear window
post #3 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I posted on this exact issue a few years back. Do a search and I will also try to find the post. I explained what my fix was, etc. If I can find it I will post the link here.

1999 F-250 4x4 Lariat
TS 6 Pos.w/Matt (Gearhead) tune,4" Banks Exh.w/muff.delete,Tymar,CCV mod,Foil Del.,Autometer Pyro-Boost-Tran,4" lift,20x10 Eagle Alloy 509's w/35" Toyo,Mag-Hytec diff.covers & tranny pan,B&M Super Cooler,Pioneer w/XM receiver,Dieselsite coolant filter & billet water neck w/203 stat,Dieselsite Tran.filter,Wicked Wheel,ITP oil X-over,OilGuard Bypass Filter,Red-Head steering,RiffRaff AIH delete,2007 grill,2011 tailgate,SP Diesel TC/Exh.Brake,N-Fab steps
post #4 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 10:14 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Her ya go.....I thought there was another but I may be going insane. Anyway I still have a dry interior after many soaking rains!

pass. side carpet wet

Need help on water leak!!!

1999 F-250 4x4 Lariat
TS 6 Pos.w/Matt (Gearhead) tune,4" Banks Exh.w/muff.delete,Tymar,CCV mod,Foil Del.,Autometer Pyro-Boost-Tran,4" lift,20x10 Eagle Alloy 509's w/35" Toyo,Mag-Hytec diff.covers & tranny pan,B&M Super Cooler,Pioneer w/XM receiver,Dieselsite coolant filter & billet water neck w/203 stat,Dieselsite Tran.filter,Wicked Wheel,ITP oil X-over,OilGuard Bypass Filter,Red-Head steering,RiffRaff AIH delete,2007 grill,2011 tailgate,SP Diesel TC/Exh.Brake,N-Fab steps
post #5 of 7 Old 12-23-2011, 01:35 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Happened on my truck twice. Front end was parked slightly downhill, and the vents were on the defrost and floor setting. Hasn't happened in 3 years though.

Zach
2000/2006ish Ford F-250 Larryette 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4
5" Sewer Pipe Exhaust (video clip), DIY 6637 Intake, Wicked Wheel'd, De-foiled, Missing EBPV, Edge Juice with Attitude, Few leaves added here and there, 35" BFGs, 16x10 Eagle Alloys, Alpine W200

SLAPS Member #153
post #6 of 7 Old 12-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had personal experience with 3 different water leaks where the water showed up on the front passenger floorboard, in part do to the incline I park on. The first leak was from deteriorated foam seal under the roof clearance light, the second leak was from a failed seal around the back window, the final leak was from a failed weld where the roof meets the C post which is covered by the small piece of trim.

[/SIGPIC]
1999 F-350 Crew Cab 2WD 7.3
2004 Excursion 4WD 6.0
2003 Focus SE 2.0
post #7 of 7 Old 12-27-2011, 03:59 PM

If its antifreeze then its your heater core. Fairly easy to change.

2001 F350 SRW CC 4WD LB
ZF6 w/ Southbend, 220k, DIY Intake, WW,NonEBPV Pedestal, CCV Mod, Gauges (Boost, Pyro), 2in Leveling Kit, 4" Straight MBRP, AIH Delete, 2-12" Kicker Comp's, Pioneer Amps
2001 F350 DRW EC 2WD (Rolled Over)
2000 F550 CC 2WD
Automatic, Jasper 4R100 w/Derale Pan & 6.0 Cooler, DIY Intake, AIH Delete, 4" MBRP,

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode