HPOP - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HPOP

Hey guys does anyone out there have a write up on changing the oil in the HPOP system? Also what's all involved in a rebuild of one of theses is it difficult? Does anyone sell a rebuild kit? Lastly who sells a good reman stock HPOP looking for options here and what way to go. Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Evan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 04:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I just installed a T500 from terminator engineering. It's a reman pump with upgrades to flow quite a bit more. I installed mine yesterday by myself. It took me about 6 hours just because it was my first time and I didn't want to screw anything up. I also followed the adrenaline install from dieselsite and fuel bowl removal from dieselorings. It's pretty straight forward as long as your not in a hurry. It's kind of a pain laying up on the the grill all day. I wish I had a creeper to lay on over the hood bit oh well I'm still young. There are some tips in my thread "waiting on T500" that should help a little.

It is definitely worth upgrading to something better than stock to run splits. Especially with a chip. My truck pulls a lot harder all the way to 90 when I shut it down. It had plenty left to go. It is the second best upgrade besides the chip so far.

As far as writeup there isn't a specific one I could find but the one from dieselsite.com worked well.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-20-2011, 05:38 PM

Pull the plug or the oil sensor on to of the hpop res then use a vacumm brake bleed tool to suck out the oil then you can refill the hpop res or just crank the engine it will fil it back up.
You can get a cheepo brake bleed tool from harbor freight if you do not have one.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Picasa Photo Gallery > Terminator Install ( Picasa template by www.paulvanroekel.nl )

Instructions from start to finish, click on the pics for instructions for that step.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

If I just pull the oil from the HPOP and put in new how do I check if it has the correct amount?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:57 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99red7.3 View Post
If I just pull the oil from the HPOP and put in new how do I check if it has the correct amount?
who cares, as soon as you start it fresh oil is in there from the lpop anyways. Just fill it up .5 inch from the hole.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:12 PM

You can't overfill it there is a drain like an inch from the top that just goes back to the oil pan so just get as much as you can like 3/4 quart. That's just if you replace your hpop. Like said above you don't need to change it like an oil change it cycles like the rest of the oil when started.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 12-22-2011, 08:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Alright thanks guys had someone tell me you had to change the HPOP oil
Old 12-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Govy Magnet

That oil does not need to be changed. I have done it once, until I realized that the oil will get cycled through the HPOP. Someone had posted a pic of our oil supply, and there have been previous discussions on changing the oil. Some people swear by it others don't...I happen to be impartial but don't find it necessary as the truck will eventually do it itself.
-Phil
Old 12-25-2011, 08:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Anyone ever rebuilt a HPOP themselves? If so how hard was it and what all did it involve? Is it just new O-rings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.