Cant locate my PCM code? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2011, 07:54 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cant locate my PCM code?

Have a 2003 f250 7.3.

Im looking under my dash by the PCM, looking for a sticker somewhere. The wiring harness with the sticker and all and i dont see it anywhere.

I see a faded sticker on one of the harnesses but doesn't look like the code. Ive been looking for like 15 minutes.

Where is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishluck View Post
Have a 2003 f250 7.3.

Im looking under my dash by the PCM, looking for a sticker somewhere. The wiring harness with the sticker and all and i dont see it anywhere.

I see a faded sticker on one of the harnesses but doesn't look like the code. Ive been looking for like 15 minutes.

Where is it?

open the hood take a 10mm socket and undo the plug/wire harness...its the plug closest to the drivers side fender. under the dash take the plastic case holding the pcm in and slide it out.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:29 AM

It's not under the dash. It's under the hood on the outside of the plug near the fender metal. I was able to see it with my kid's little makeup mirror and a flashlight. Smallish writing and it's hard to read backwards.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:24 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highbeam View Post
It's not under the dash. It's under the hood on the outside of the plug near the fender metal. I was able to see it with my kid's little makeup mirror and a flashlight. Smallish writing and it's hard to read backwards.
i gave you the steps to remove the pcm... and yes the pcm is under the dash. the mirror trick didnt work for me thats why i just said to pull it.. much easyier
Old 12-21-2011, 06:19 AM

Well i couldn't locate it anywhere in the hood, even with a mirror , and removing that little harness part. I couldn't find it.

Didn't remove the PCM fully but i basically said screw it.

But i guess ill know where to look next time

Already sent my chip order in and they gave me my code so.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Mitch

Check out this site. It may help you when you install the chip. This is also the location of the PCM Code. It is on the side of the thing that the 10mm bolt is on.

Welcome to guzzle's DP Tuner's Chip Installation Web Page
Old 12-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebierguy View Post
Check out this site. It may help you when you install the chip. This is also the location of the PCM Code. It is on the side of the thing that the 10mm bolt is on.

Welcome to guzzle's DP Tuner's Chip Installation Web Page
That link you gave me was perfect!

I was reading around that it was under the hood, then it was by the PCM under the dash and couldn't locate anything. But that link is great! and perfect for helping me install the chip!

By chance, does anyone know how far the switch will stretch, like how long the wires are?
Old 12-21-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerstroker View Post
i gave you the steps to remove the pcm... and yes the pcm is under the dash. the mirror trick didnt work for me thats why i just said to pull it.. much easyier
Of course the PCM is under the dash but the topic of this thread is the PCM code and that is under the hood. It may have been easier for you to remove the PCM but to the rest of the folks that can just read the code from under the hood, it is much easier to leave the PCM installed.

My PCM code was exactly as it should have been according to the year/model of my truck. The risk is that some previous owner may have swapped it with the PCM from another truck with a different code.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Of course the PCM is under the dash but the topic of this thread is the PCM code and that is under the hood. It may have been easier for you to remove the PCM but to the rest of the folks that can just read the code from under the hood, it is much easier to leave the PCM installed.

My PCM code was exactly as it should have been according to the year/model of my truck. The risk is that some previous owner may have swapped it with the PCM from another truck with a different code.
i thought i was still talking to the person who started the thread.. my bad you were prolly wondering why i said that its just been one of them weeks
Old 12-21-2011, 06:09 PM

Quote:

Well, this is just a fantastic thread=)

Anyways, the link that was posted will help me with installing that chip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.