Need some advice - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some advice

I currently have an 01 F-250 7.3L PSD with 6 spd manual tranny it is a super cab with the half rear doors. It is great for towing but the cab is a little small in the rear for the kids. I found another 01 F250 7.3L PSD with automatic tranny and it is a crew cab with full rear doors awesome looking rig but I am worried about the transmission because my truck rarely leaves the yard without a trailer on they range from a 8,000 loaded flatbed to a 30' travel trailer 6,500lbs. I don't plan doing any mods beside D.I.Y intake and a muffler delete. Does anyone know which auto tranny they put in the 01's and if it will hold up to those kind of loads on a regular basis. The truck I currently own has 233,000 miles and the one I want to buy only has 60,000. They are asking $23,000 is that to much for a lariat pkg long box. Thanks for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Blue01F250 Send a message via Yahoo to Blue01F250
As far as the tranny goes - they will usually hold up well as long as you don't overheat them.

And for the price, that seems a bit much for that year even with those miles. Mine had 92K in March and got it for $16K. I'd say somewhere in the $20K range would be good..

make sure you get an oasis report and see what may have been done to the truck so far!
Old 09-04-2007, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue01F250 View Post
As far as the tranny goes - they will usually hold up well as long as you don't overheat them.

And for the price, that seems a bit much for that year even with those miles. Mine had 92K in March and got it for $16K. I'd say somewhere in the $20K range would be good..

make sure you get an oasis report and see what may have been done to the truck so far!
What do you pull for trailers and have you ever had to stop to let it cool down?
Old 09-05-2007, 03:54 AM

bump bump bump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.