Cab Reinstallation - P1876 P1816 Won't move - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cab Reinstallation - P1876 P1816 Won't move

I'm reinstalling the cab on my '02 F250 and have gotten everything (almost - more later) hooked up. Went to put the truck in gear and it doesn't move. Tried both 2 hi and 4 hi with no luck, the 4x4 light on the dash comes on when put in 4hi.

Everything in the transfer case/tranny were working fine before I pulled the cab to swap engines.

Here are the codes:
P1876 - Transfer case 2-wheel drive circuit fail
P1812 - 4wd mode select circuit fail
C1230 - Speed Wheel Sensor Rear Center Input Circuit Failure

When I had the cab/bed off I replaced the broken plug on the transfer case. I was sure to reconnect all the wires to the correct ones on the new plug and soldered/heat shrunk everything.

Below here has been solved, thanks!

Finally, I've reconnected everything in the engine bay but I'm not sure what these two connectors go to? They both come out of the same harness, hopefully the pictures show it better. Do these have anything to do with the lack of movement when in gear/codes?

Last edited by toddman35; 12-01-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

One is the idle air sensor that goes on the air intake tube and the other is for the master cylinder reservoir i believe. I'll have to look later on . . .

So it won't go into drive, reverse, etc . . . or it won't go into 4 wheel drive?? Check the shift cable that goes from the column down to the trans . . . it has an multi tooth black plastic adjuster on the trans. Sounds like you either broke the cable or didn't hook it back up.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickhorse View Post
One is the idle air sensor that goes on the air intake tube and the other is for the master cylinder reservoir i believe. I'll have to look later on . . .

So it won't go into drive, reverse, etc . . . or it won't go into 4 wheel drive?? Check the shift cable that goes from the column down to the trans . . . it has an multi tooth black plastic adjuster on the trans. Sounds like you either broke the cable or didn't hook it back up.
Good call on the intake sensor. I think I got all the MC stuff hooked up, but I'll double check that. The shift line is hooked up and works fine - plus that wouldn't throw the codes that I have.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddman35 View Post
Good call on the intake sensor. I think I got all the MC stuff hooked up, but I'll double check that. The shift line is hooked up and works fine - plus that wouldn't throw the codes that I have.
Check your line pressure . . . sounds to me like that torque converter is not working correctly . .. i'll check those codes out later on my scanner and see what i come up with.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I also have a C1230 - Speed Wheel Sensor Rear Center Input Circuit Failure
Old 12-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I cleared the codes and have cycled the ignition a couple times, switching it in and out of 4x4 and have't seen the 1812 code come back. I can also hear the 4x4 motor engaging and disengaging on the tcase.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I had put 9.5 qts of trans fluid in, but called the shop that replaced the front seal and tc bushing on the transmission while it was out. He said the transmission would be nearly empty and to add more fluid to it. I'm at 16.5 qts now and its dumping it out at this point and I still have no movement from any gears forward or reverse.

It does appear to be holding in park fwiw.

Thoughts now?
Old 12-01-2011, 04:00 PM
Govy Magnet

Is the tranny shifting itno D or R in the first place?? You should be able to hear an engine pitch change when shifted into gear as long as your torque converter is working properly.

~Phil
Old 12-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambonimaxx View Post
Is the tranny shifting itno D or R in the first place?? You should be able to hear an engine pitch change when shifted into gear as long as your torque converter is working properly.

~Phil
Engine RPM jumps around when moving in and out of gear yes. It will quickly increase revs when moving into a gear, but it increases the revs a bit more than I remember, as if its anticipating a load but ones not actually there? Kind of difficult to describe.

I've got auto enginuity hooked up, is there anything on there that I can monitor to help diagnose this?
Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Alright, I've got some more info.

When I was bleeding the HPOP after installing the engine, I didn't have the trans cooler lines hooked up to the radiator/cooler return and while cranking it sprayed trans fluid all over the place. This led me to believe that the pump was working fine.

Today I put a gauge on the test port and at idle in park I've got no pressure (should be +/- 50psi correct?). Would this be a tc issue, or an issue with the front pump (that I should take back to the shop that pulled it off to replace the tc bushing and front seal)?

Also removed the return line and it has no fluid flow at idle now.

I've read that the 6.0 and 6.4 TCs are interchangeable, with the exception of drilling the flex plate so I followed the 6.0 crank spacer machining directions.

Last edited by toddman35; 12-02-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.