Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Making a power distribution box

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  AnotherStroker 
#1 ·
Wiring up multiple electrical accessories, such as lights, I find myself running multiple wires from the battery terminal to various locations throughout my truck. I’d like to build some sort of distribution box to run all my aftermarket accessories from. What I’m thinking would be running a fused 0 gauge wire from my battery to a distribution block. I would house the distribution blocks in a project enclosure from Radio Shack. Has anyone done this? If so I’d like to know how you did it so I can get some ideas.

#2 ·
I will probably be doing this too eventually. 0 gauge seems a little thick. I guess it depends on what youre running off of it, but I dont even think the battery cables are that big? Using relays seems to be a better and safer idea if you are going to be pulling a lot of juice.

#6 ·
Hot Blocks are fairly easy to make happen. Overkill at 0 gauge that is for sure the starter wire isn't even 0 gauge. What kind of accessories are you thinking about running off that block. Jshuricht has a block similar to mine, mine is under in the fuse panel it is dark but I will try and grab a picture tomorrow.

~Phil

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.