Scan revealed laundry list of codes! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2011, 03:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Scan revealed laundry list of codes!

I am thinking my service engine soon light must be disconnected because I never had it come on and yet all these codes came up?
When I picked up my truck from the transmission shop he gave me a list of codes that came up on his intial scan. I have googled them, researched them on here and I feel I have somewhat of a handle on them.

P0381 glow plug circuit? module may be bad?

P0603 power control module,Would programming probably set this off?
P1134 bank 1 fuel rich Would this be programming as well?

P0541 manifold heater? This was disabled when I did air filter mod

C1226 brake lamp output... must have a short somewhere, maybe trailer connection, everything else seems to work

B1318 battery low voltage, just put new batteries, maybe testing drained it some or testing was done before it built back up after cranking?

B1450 wiper/washer circuit, all works fine.....

B1371 illuminated entry relay circuit, is this the sensor/switch that makes the dome light come on, this fuse tends to work loose...

I have several airbag related codes, makes me wonder if the airbag is even in there...
B1869 airbag circuit open
B1884 PAD warning circuit inoperative
B1891 airbag warning, short to battery
B1892 airbag circuit failure

What do y'all think?
Everyone on here has been just awesome. I value your input tremendously.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

Get your feast on!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2012, 04:59 PM

Have you tuned your truck? I've had similar issues where all sorts of codes will come up when there is a problem with the voltage. I had B1318 and a bunch of other codes come up, and I had a bad cell in one of my batteries. Replaced both and the check engine line went off. However, it just came back on (a couple days later) and it's throwing the B1318 along with a few other codes, and I've noticed that the truck is getting jumpy and will rev itself up. I'm thinking it's getting too much voltage (As I've got dual alternators, along with two new 850CCA batteries) so I will update you when I know something, and if you've figured anything out please let me know as well.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:30 AM

To be honest I haven't done anything about those codes. I have been driving almost daily since without any problems including multiple 150 mile trips to Lexington from here. Hopefully, it will continue that way. I do have a Super Chips programmer, it came with the truck and I have used it once or twice but I don't remember what setting I even have it on. I remember that it didn't seem to make a difference what settings I picked, it ran/drove/pulled the same.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 AM

I lied, I just remembered my windshield washer pump is going. It only sprays a couple inches, just hits the bottom of the glass. It could be a clog or something, but I'm thinking pump. I use rainex washer fluid and its been in the 50's and 60's so I know its not ice or anything like that clogging the lines up.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

clear codes and drive for a while. check again. Most should be gone
Old 01-22-2012, 12:20 PM
The Tamed Racing Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiocontr View Post
clear codes and drive for a while. check again. Most should be gone
Thats what I would do. With that many codes its imposible to track them all down. See what comes back after clearing them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.