where to buy? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
where to buy?

where is everyone buying there stuff to due a coolant flush? antifreeze, 203 thermostat?

also, i notice that alot of people replace t-stat housing. is this necessary or only if there is a problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2011, 11:23 AM
Lubrication Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Coolant Flush: Nothing really special to buy... Just Distilled H2O and Full Strength Coolant.... then the most important part is reading the correct procedure to do it... which has been posted many times within this forum... do a search...

Now The billet housing and 203*F T-Stat can be bought at dieselsite.com... Bob is a very legit Fella.... The reason for the Billet housing is the old housing is extremely cheesy and rusts and is a booger to get off... and if you do get it off... most of the time you can't reuse it, because you destroyed it taking it off... The Billet will last and last and last....

My advice... If you do the flush and add the 203*F T-Stat and Housing... Spend a bit more and buy the coolant filter system from Bob as well... and Use HD Red ELC coolant.... You just pour it in and forget about it for 300K miles... no additives to add or check SCAs.... @ 300K miles you can add an extender and go another 300K miles... with the filter... This is only advice nothing more...

The 203*F T-Stat has had alot of discussions... Some owners say it's not a good idea to install within your 7.3L, for the fact it is said to raise your Oil Temp... I have had mine installed for over 4yrs and my UOA have all come back very positive after 5K miles.... Polaris has told me to take the OCI to 7K to 10K... but I never have... My Oil has never showed any negative effects from the 203*F T-Stat... Do some research on it... then judge for yourself... I'm not saying it's a perfect fit for YOUR 7.3L.... I do enjoy the very warm air it gives during those cold winter months...

http://www.dieselsite.com/

Last edited by SyN; 11-19-2011 at 11:38 AM. Reason: spell check!
Old 11-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
thanks. i have saved the write up on how to do the flush but i am having a hard time finding places to buy ELC coolant. i've wondered about the reason for the housing.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomer pyle View Post
thanks. i have saved the write up on how to do the flush but i am having a hard time finding places to buy ELC coolant. i've wondered about the reason for the housing.
I've seen the Zerex and Peak Final Charge at just about every Napa, Autozone, and O'rielly's in my area. A lot of guys look only for Cat, Delo, or Rotella, but those others are just as good, as is any ELC that meets CAT EC-1 IIRC. Cummins dealers in your area should carry a variant, as well as any International dealer or HD truck shop.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyN View Post

My advice... If you do the flush and add the 203*F T-Stat and Housing... Spend a bit more and buy the coolant filter system from Bob as well... and Use HD Red ELC coolant.... You just pour it in and forget about it for 300K miles... no additives to add or check SCAs.... @ 300K miles you can add an extender and go another 300K miles... with the filter... This is only advice nothing more...
Another nice thing about ELC is how easy it is on the old water pump, no more silicate drop out. I am with you, a coolant filter is still always a good idea as it will probably pick up little bits of stuff just from the atmosphere, but the ELC will eliminate 90% of it.

You're spot-on about Bob as well, great guy to do business with. I ordred his Max A/C valve this summer and he personally called me to let me know it was only one day late, I doubt I'd even have noticed. Talk about service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.